The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error

Jamericans
Raw Travel, TV pgm; Kingston. A review - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Raw Travel, TV pgm; Kingston. A review (/showthread.php?tid=102910)

Raw Travel, TV pgm; Kingston. A review - CardBoardBox - 05-01-2021

New episode Sunday, 5/2/21 at 8:30 in PA (21.2) has this description:

Rob embarks on an urban exploration of the charming and musically diverse city of Kingston, Jamaica.
# # #

Charming desciption in tvguide. Less humorous than my: Rob dodges bullets and machette's trying to score a couple of keys.

Oh, I forgot, so few of us post on this board that maybe I should just "bogart" this news. Never mind. Smile

Those in the UK, India, Canada and Jamaica, U R on your own with finding a really big antenna. LOL

RE: Raw Travel, TV pgm; Kingston. A review - CardBoardBox - 05-02-2021

While I have been impressed with the narrator of the program in other foreign lands, the Kingston Jamaica piece was mostly "fluff."
The normal touristy stuff (of) AND just covering mainstream interests has it's place, mainly if you have never visited a country. Fluff = (no, I'm not going to define fluff here.) Sometimes superficial investigating can be nice and invoke "I know where that is", or fond memories, if the piece/video is done well of a place you have visited.

I've never been to Kingston yet their describing the art work murals on buildings did nothing for me. One veggie pattie was not a meal. History of Garvy and some others seemed like time fillers. The solo narriator/host hired a tour guide from a legit company. What struck me funny was during his (the tour guide) speaking, there were captions on the screen. No patoi was heard at any time. No "flowery speech" either, even using the Queens English, was heard during the show. No "dems" or wha-guan or things only we frequent visitors notice and can decypher. LOL

A bunch of stuff about music was in there, such as recording studios can be found in town. Well, how much ground can (you) THEY cover in half an hour.

I used the word "fluff." I could also use "plastic", which is slightly different. You (or I) could tell the host did some research, even admitting that his first night held some worry on safety. I wouldn't walk alone at night in some places either, but as often is the case, God protects fools and little children. That area of uptown Kingston did seem safe, and colorful.
I'd give this episode two stars out of five.

(slightly modified after 72 visitors where here by Monday morning)
What is "flowerly speech?" Bumberclot, or "Let it blow" meaning "leave the windows open and air out the car."