The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Now I've heard it all ... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Now I've heard it all ... (/showthread.php?tid=102895)

Now I've heard it all ... - oldtimer - 02-10-2021

Jamaica has a shortage of Ganja . How can that be ???

RE: Now I've heard it all ... - CardBoardBox - 02-10-2021

I hadn't heard nor read anything about it until you brought this into the light of day.
Having read the posting yesterday, I forgot the text and clicked on it again today. Silly me. Due to the lack of overly excited boardies, and thinking that 200 people are going to read the same post (or the same person 199 times because they didn't notice the 'reply count' remained unchanged and kept-on-alooking, the thought occured that maybe I should attempt some humorous reply without offending anyone, and I mean anyone (well there is always one lurking around) while not being aware how long a run-on sentence might be the result, that perhaps the shortage was really a reporting problem due to not enough N95 masks being available, but not only reporting, which could be "fake news", that the people involved in the trade had a shortage of masks and thus the distribution channels were clogged up which brings me back to not getting a reply from anyone much like no one giving cooking instructions for ox tail, or ox nose, and the possible misunderstanding between (not among) cooking AND a shortage of oxen themselves which would be understandable since I've read no reports of ox wandering the streets in New Scottland since the invention of indoor plumbing but one thing lead to one thing and that thing was the google-like search engine DuckDuckGo which gave the following clue:

Heavy rains followed by an extended drought, an increase in local consumption and a drop in the number of marijuana farmers have caused a shortage in the island's famed but largely illegal market that experts say is the worst they've seen.

### meaning end of quote, which brings us to the impossible conclusion of which branch of the JA government is in charge of rain, and if the "opposition party" is complaining about the shortage in ganja taxes collected (everything is taxed there, right?) but more than likely there could be an incusision (ie Spanish Incusision) or investigation by another government agency, yet to be created but surely they will get paid, to give a report how this could happen and give the answers sort (is that the right spelling?) with the fear that whoever is in charge of fixing the shortage is not the same group which was supposed to impliment the "visitors medical travel insurance" last year which seemed like a great idea, but not at $40 a person since the plan didn't include lost luggage or toothpaste and clean underwear for anyone being held on the island against their will, in the noble cause and necessity of halting the spread of the virus.

And this only goes to show no one that the tourist trade may not be the largest consumer group for wacky weed. But the bigger question is why are their (oops, "there") less farmers?

And I wonder if the guys on the beach are still charging $5 for a joint, instead of $15 a lid elsewhere, and if their (nailed that one) sales pitch has changed from "having the best stuff" to just plain Having Stuff?

Addage (? saying) from the 70's, Better to have no money in times of  dope than to have no dope in times of money. (it made more sense back then, or I said it wrong.)

RE: Now I've heard it all ... - Yooper - 02-13-2021

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news/20210213/6m-worth-compressed-marijuana-seized-kingston-port

Looks like they found it.

RE: Now I've heard it all ... - CardBoardBox - 02-17-2021

That's a good one Yooper.
The weight comes out to thirty 50# bales (which is how I used to buy it. Kidding) which isn't much. If the government was smart, they'd tax it and put the stuff back into circulation.

RE: Now I've heard it all ... - Yooper - 03-15-2021

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news/20210315/ganja-guns-and-ammo-seized-westmoreland-men-arrested