The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
insurance follow-up story.. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: insurance follow-up story.. (/showthread.php?tid=102882)

insurance follow-up story.. - oldtimer - 12-13-2020

I realize that insurance , in this case , would have nothing to do with me living or dying , what I was saying was that even though a person would have insurance most people would think that it might mean to the nearest hospital either in the US or CND ,but are not informed that it might be hours away to a stableizing hospital . With the new clinic being built it might give you the time to make it to MoBay . That is the question to be asked TO THE INSURANCE PROVIDER !!!! Kylake , you know the importance of asking the question that should be asked and not take " their word " for it . Ask a question and GIVE IT A TRAIL RUN . Folks ,please take this as a small precautionary info .

RE: insurance follow-up story.. - kylake - 12-16-2020

You are correct OT. Ask questions directly, read the fine print in the policies. Google the reviews of the company to see how happy their customers have been with how their cases were handled. I know the one we are using is covering COVID if you are on vacation and contract the virus.
Yes, when finished the new private hospital in Negril could certainly help with survival rates. Time will tell and from what we saw in Oct it still appears to have quite a ways to go before being finished.

RE: insurance follow-up story.. - CardBoardBox - 12-16-2020

Kylake, I don't want to enter this conversation but you can tell me what the credit limit on your card is privately.
My last policy, which was all fine print, was on a reimbursement basis.
It's not like the States where "No problem" means the hospital will send the bill to your home.

Artist rendering of a lump of human with an arm sticking up sliding a card into a cash machine goes here.

Graphic artist poster "FIRST will and testiment; Mom, wire me some cash" goes here.

Fortunatly, there's been no editorial cartoons of an ambulance driver asking "How you going to pay for this?" which might be humorous (and sick) but is intended to make the 200 people who are glued to this post say "I never thought about that" what ever "that" is.

I should find out who owns the new hospital because I can imagine what their 3rd question is going to be, if the first one is your name.