The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Anybody heading to Jamaica? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Anybody heading to Jamaica? (/showthread.php?tid=102877)

Anybody heading to Jamaica? - Tim - 11-24-2020

Can we talk about something other than lobster wars?

With Covid not seeming to be going away any day soon, and a vaccine not yet out, is anyone here traveling this winter?

Unfortunately we have zero travel plans this winter, both due to covid and cash reasons. I will admit covid doesn't really concern me nearly as much as some people, but spending big cash on a trip to any place that
has any kinds of restrictions doesn't appeal to me at all.
Although my wife has a high enough income to carry the load, there is no way I would allow her to pay my way - with the almost shutdown of the construction industry I haven't worked in my trade for just over a year. I'm working part time at a decent paying job so my bills get paid as well as keeping my beer fridge full and truck filled with fuel to go fishing. But not saving anything these days. 
I feel bad for my wife, her sister turns 40 next year and they had planned a month trip to Europe that might be cancelled. I was kind of looking forward to having a freeforall at home LOL.
Our mortgage will be done in 14 more months, then travelling will once again be a priority for us. May be Jamaica, may be Belize.

RE: Anybody heading to Jamaica? - daniel - 11-24-2020

We are still hopeful for Feb. Have a flight down booked. will not go if things get worse due to covid , or other health related circumstances .  Have no problem self isolating in Jamaica , but I might go crazy , in frozen isolation and darkness at home . We are fortunate to have a seaside private home waiting , if and when we get to warm sunny Jamaica . I can not bear the thought of this for my view 

when I could have this 

RE: Anybody heading to Jamaica? - Tim - 11-25-2020

Did you purchase a place down there? Looks pretty sweet.
My back yard looks similar to yours right now. I actually like the snow - the more the merrier. But every year I hate the cold more. I don't mind a little below zero C, but when it dips below -20C, or worse -30, it really sucks.
We literally live less than a block from the cities edge, we had a big early snowfall this year and I have been regularly strapping on snowshoes and taking my dog across the street into the adjacent field/bush for a good walk, she loves it as no leash needed, and lots of deer in the area to sniff.
I also do a bit of ice fishing, load up the snowmobile, tent, heater etc and it's a good way to waste a day. I had a trip to mountains for some skiing/snowboarding planned this past March but Covid shut down the resorts, maybe will get out in March or April 2021. 
Our beer league hockey actually was allowed to start up early October, just as I was getting into a bit of "hockey" shape, the city shut us down. Latest we have heard is re-opening Dec 7, although with rising Covid numbers I'm not getting my hopes up.

RE: Anybody heading to Jamaica? - daniel - 11-25-2020

I used to really enjoy the winter . Played hockey ( school and mens league ) until 60 + , enjoyed ice fishing , skied , and took an occasional snow mobile weekend with the boys . These days not so much . 
Not my house , but a friend , who gives us first dibbs , and yes a sweet spot .

RE: Anybody heading to Jamaica? - kylake - 11-25-2020

We just got back Nov 21 so if you have any questions ask away. Stayed about 30 days at Rutland Point. We did 14 days of quarantine before leaving the property as required by protocol.