The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
B 4 clearing COOKIES to fix ... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: B 4 clearing COOKIES to fix ... (/showthread.php?tid=102868)

B 4 clearing COOKIES to fix ... - CardBoardBox - 10-21-2020

If anyone is (still) having problems posting or replying to a post thread on this site (try it - you'll like it. LOL), bear in mind that cookies for a site can be selected/targetted when using FireFox browser (and Comodo's IceDragon version) but on Internet Explorer and Chrome browser, the command to clear cookies will remove all cookies.

I find that lack of Human Engineering a bummer (annoyance) because you are then required to log in to use your email program and any other place you regularly visit. But you probably already know this.

It's only my stock broker account and bank which I log out of when finished for the day. When your account has 3 figures, one must protect the assets.

BTW, if you have never cleared your cache memory, you might consider doing so because you might see some speedup. On the other hand, some data (electronic stuff) stored inside your machine will have to be grabbed anew from the Internet connected machines, which it will without any action by you but may show a slight delay the first time through.

Tangent; I'd like to find out who is connecting from Litiz, pronouced Lit Its. One news announcer made a mistake and it hit the blooper video.

Tangent; anyone reading this far will get a free beer, on me. If you open posts from the index using right-click-open-in-new-tab, I'll buy the 2nd beer also.
If you change the paper on the bottom of your bird cage regularly,  you get a gold star but no beer. Smile I was just checking if U were paying attention. LOL

This posting was created because Dread has fixed some stuff and so stated it on the bottom of the other thread. But U probably noticed that date/time update on the index.

BE careful NOT to hit the FORUMS button on the line with "Home Forums Search Members..." because you on Chrome will still fall into the "went to the archives when I tried to reply" trap. 6AM That's another good reason to open in new tab, although your index will not be refreshed with the latest index.

RE: B 4 clearing COOKIES to fix ... - CardBoardBox - 10-21-2020

addendum; I had 941 cookies and megabytes of data in cache when I cleared both.
(thankfully only 2 email accounts do I use with this browser on Chrome.)

Logging off and on again seems not to be enough. I had to clear the cookies as I am testing this now.

In the above post, when I advised against the 'forums' button, it looks like the program was doing an HTTPS link. However, it became unsecure.
I also noticed that when I was not logged in, some (?) jumps were using the HTTP version. That's a good reason to register and log in. You don't really have to ever post anything, but it's chicken soup if you do.

I do not promise to not post any more Irish Spring dance videos. They still give me goose bumps.

PS So far, so good using Chrome.

As for returning to the index, clicking on the "message board" is fine,
as found on the "Jamericans Jamaicaholics Message-Board" arrow line.

It has come to my attention that on Firefox, there are two ways of clearing cookies.
History tab, where I pick to clear my cache, also has "cookies." This I suspect is exactly like the IE and Chrome "clear them all" work.

What also works, which I use, is the 'tools' tab on the top of the screen, and in that pull down menu are several choices including PAGE INFO. With that tab, when you click on it, will see a new mini-window which has a SECURITIES tab and on that one is the ability to see and clear cookies only associated with the site/page you are one.

That's the only one I use, but since FF continues to work for me, I haven't gone there in a while.

Am I getting too wordy? I know someone will say yes. But I've spent a lot of time trying to help solve the Chrome problem, beyond the postings you've read.

RE: B 4 clearing COOKIES to fix ... - dreadneck - 10-21-2020

Thanks, Cliff.  There are a lot of hardcoded instances of "http" in the codebase, and there is no easy way to find them all at once.  I'll have to look into the forum link you mentioned. One easy way is to view source and see the generated html for a page. The http links are shown there, with html comments preceeding it that indicate the template, if any, that is responsible. Also, if the secure link is broken, the Chrome console will show a "mixed content" warning, and show the bad http link that is the culprit.

Dread, the emails sent to you in the last few days detail some places where the http needs fixing (Breadcrumbs call) and  yellowboard/jscripts/rainbow_glow.js

Not everything was stated in the board postings, but I'm glad my posted words helped (though I'd spent far more time on this project than I expected.) The intent here is to get DTot back to doing his replies and not fix everything which might be modified at a later date.
Maybe he just hasn't visited here to give an update.

I like the trace/network/developer tools on Firefox more than Chrome but I've "played" with both.
It's all rather exciting but I won't elaborate on the "features" (aka bugs) which can be useful (thumbnail vs link) which have revealed themselves, and won't guess why I might see ads and might not.

Instead of all this, Kylake, why don't you try to convince him to use a different browser. Smile

RE: B 4 clearing COOKIES to fix ... - IJ - 10-22-2020

At least my bird has clean paper to shit on....

RE: B 4 clearing COOKIES to fix ... - TAH - 10-24-2020

Just thought I'd mention this weird thing; I've noticed over the past few days that after a period of time the site seems to revert to a non-https protocol. No idea why or how, but I've had to correct the address twice now, to make sure it's secure. 

RE: B 4 clearing COOKIES to fix ... - dreadneck - 10-24-2020

If anyone experiences an unsecured page, please copy the http address and post it. It will make it much easier to trace the source if I can replicate it. Otherwise its like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Thanks.

RE: B 4 clearing COOKIES to fix ... - TAH - 10-24-2020

If it happens again I'll post it.