The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
problems.replying... now fixed! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: problems.replying... now fixed! (/showthread.php?tid=102854)

Pages: 1 2

problems.replying... now fixed! - oldtimer - 10-06-2020

I can't reply in posts . As soon as I type the 1st letter it goes to archives ???

RE: problems.replying.. - kylake - 10-06-2020

I realize you may have to reply in a new thread but are you on a computer or tablet. Knowing you I suspect a computer.
What internet browser are you using? Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.

RE: problems.replying.. - TAH - 10-06-2020

If you're on a laptop, make sure your hand isn't resting on the track pad. That can cause some weird things to happen. 

RE: problems.replying.. - CardBoardBox - 10-06-2020

I just typed a reply, hit 'save as draft' (so I could look up one more thing) and the draft is now no where to be found.
JaMaMa had a reply problem when she was using her phone. I do not believe that was ever resolved. I don't think she described what happened, just that she couldn't reply to posts.
For a while, my computer would follow links on a page just by hovering over the link -- no clicking was needed. Windows 7, Firefox. It resolved itself after a few days.

RE: problems.replying.. - CardBoardBox - 10-07-2020

update of dubious value; JaMaMa's problem " was never resolved on my IPAD" and currently can not log into this forum on any devise she ownes.
She goes on "The forum is the only site that there is a problem."

I'll not speculate further. The happy-news-site doesn't want other forums mentioned.*** There is the MiYard site (although it won't reveal a users email address (on my machine) for the last few months.)

As far as I know, this site allows private messages if someone wants to talk more. Unfortunately, my computer knowledge is limited to those machines which use tubes instead of transistors.

*** in the old days, people had(have) written "What's the story over on ...." when necessary and rarely.

RE: problems.replying.. - daniel - 10-08-2020

firefox won't even let me sign in to try to post . I am still messing around with settings but nothing helps . safari working fine 

RE: problems.replying.. - CardBoardBox - 10-09-2020

IceDragon sometimes works as expected and sometimes goes to the archieve page. No logic can I make of this.
Interestingly, FF does not show the top banner ad, ever, but ID does display the advertisement. Always been this way.

ID is based on FF 10 versions ago. I can not do an easy compare. Over time I have altered some settings in each such as pop-up blocking, etc.

about:preferences#privacy
Under content blocking (mine are both "standard" but) for "strick" is this comment:

Blocking cookies and trackers can cause some websites
to break. It's easy to disable blocking for sites you
trust ...

My advice is IF you change any settings, write them down. When things go wonkie, it is sometimes hard to put everything back together (or even remember where you went.)

2 asides: I use http, not https.
Clearing cache memory is fine but cookies not so much. On FF and ID, you can remove cookies for the site you are on. On Chrome and InternetExplorer, clearing cookies gets rid of ALL cookies, making me have to log in to all those sites I regularly visit and enter certain setup values (zip code, etc.) Pain in my butt.

To set the record straight, the recent problems may not be the result of a boardie manking changes to his/her system. I'm biased against the advertisement. After watching dozens of 'reading ...''tranfering' messages on the lower left of my screen after the page, this page, has loaded, except for the ad which shows up at the very end, I think it is one of the google utilities/programs/subroutines which is reporting an error (or ??) and this web page does what is expected.

When I pushed 'reply', and the page changed, it was another 22 seconds before the ad displayed. Enought time for someone to type one character into the box perhaps.
Why is ID working for me now? Maybe it is the ad chosen by google to display.

RE: problems.replying.. - dreadneck - 10-13-2020

Crack_glass
It's working better now. Several changes were needed for better security.
The URL has been updated from http:// to https://

RE: problems.replying... now fixed! - daniel - 10-13-2020

Thank you Dread

RE: problems.replying... now fixed! - daniel - 10-13-2020

the problem must be google , I still can not post using google .