The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Great White Sharks - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Great White Sharks (/showthread.php?tid=102851)

Great White Sharks - oldtimer - 10-04-2020

Up until about 20 years ago the biggest Great White ever caught was about 12 miles across the Northumberland Strait from my home . They are not to be feared . I personally have never seen one in almost 60 years of fishing .But I do have a story .
My old dog Tasa ( RIP ) fished with me for 12 years . We were dragging Scallops in the exact spot where the record breaker was caught and there was a pod of Dolphins following my boat for about 1/2 hour . Tasa was on the rail of my boat and a cable knocked her off the boat into the Strait . Now , my gear was in the water and I couldn't turn BUT !!! and boat behind me had his gear almost out of the water and he stopped to pick her out of the sea . Not as easy as it sounds . It took the crew about 20 minutes to get her picked up. Now this is what happened while she was in the water . The pod of Dolphins surrounded her to keep her safe ( I think ) One of the Dolphins would nudge her to help her fight the current and not sink and I think the others were to protect her . After she was on the other boat the Dolphins ,one by one ,( 7 total) swam in a row beside the boat and breached giving a whistle as to say " we got 'er back bye ". I pulled my air horn to say " THANKS " and in turn all the other boats blew their horns as well .

RE: Great White Sharks - kylake - 10-04-2020

Great story! Thanks for sharing.

RE: Great White Sharks - TAH - 10-06-2020

Have seen quite a few instances similar to what you describe, OT. Not in person, but on the internet. The area seems to be getting more "sharky" lately though, along with the rest of the east coast.