The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
How is electronic monitoring achieved? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: How is electronic monitoring achieved? (/showthread.php?tid=102841)

How is electronic monitoring achieved? - CardBoardBox - 09-11-2020

The FAQ on visitjamaica site says if you are staying at a private residence, 14 days of "stay at the house" is required as well as electronic monitoring.

This is what I just sent them, requesting an answer:

Upon arrival at MBJ, I will not have a cell phone until I reach my quantine destination of a private home in Westmoreland parish.

How do I avoid being stopped at the airport for failure to comply with the current restrictions of USA travelers?

Actually, I have a dumb cell phone but it will require a SIM chip, usually purchased at a FLOW store, but your restrictions do not permit me to visit that store later the same day or the next. I can send my friend to the store after I arrive.

You understand a 'dumb phone' is cheap and will not run any applications.
# # #

Text from their page for staying NOT in an approved hotel:
...Persons under quarantine cannot leave their quarantine location....
Persons who are quarantined ... will be monitored electronically and by the health authorities to ensure that they do not leave their designated quarantine or isolation location.

I ask you boardies, 1. Is my question clearly stated, and 2. Have an answer?

RE: How is electronic monitoring achieved? - TAH - 09-12-2020

Seems like you're just looking for a way to subvert the system. 

RE: How is electronic monitoring achieved? - CardBoardBox - 09-13-2020

No, NO. Don't have those negative thoughts.

Please have the decency to rephrase below to how you TAH would write that the intent is to hear "Welcome to Jamaica" instead of "You're getting on the next plane back home."

-quote-
"How do I avoid being stopped at the airport for failure to comply with the current restrictions of USA travelers?"

RE: How is electronic monitoring achieved? - TAH - 09-14-2020

You could just buy a cheap, used smart phone and order a sim online. $75-100 and done. Not a big expense in the scheme of a vacation to Jamaica.