The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Sunshine Reggae - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sunshine Reggae (/showthread.php?tid=102829)

Sunshine Reggae - Firemon - 08-23-2020

Reluctant to post here but discovered something I wanted to share.  

It's an old song by a duo ("Laid Back") from Denmark with an infectiously happy refrain.

"Gimmy Gimmy; gimmy just a little smile."

Anyways, this song was originally recorded back in 1982 and somehow escaped my attention until a remake hit YouTube earlier this month.  Gave it a viewing and I was hooked.  The 2020 version first: 

Here's the original from 38 years ago.  

Happier yet?  Wanna keep going?  Okay, here's dance mix so you can get up and groove a bit.  You know you need the exercise. 

Holy shit are you singing too? 

"Let the good vibes get a lot stronger."

That's right!

"Let the good vibes get a lot stronger."

"Sunshine, sunshine reggae, don't worry, don't hurry, take it easy."

So here's a live performance from 1983.  

Now gimmy gimmy, gimmy just a likkle smile.  Smile

RE: Sunshine Reggae - JAMaMa - 08-23-2020

?????? = smiles...for some reason my smilies turn in to question marks when posted lol! So the old fashioned way Smile Smile Smile Smile
Good to hear from you Firemon! Stay!

RE: Sunshine Reggae - oldtimer - 08-24-2020

PERFECT !!!!! I listened to them all !! Thanks !!! Every time !!!!!!

RE: Sunshine Reggae - TAH - 09-02-2020

Glad to see you back. You're needed here, I think. 
It has turned into a blues board recently (no offense to OT at all, you aren't doing it). 
Some Jamaica chat would be nice, I rarely even check here anymore. 

RE: Sunshine Reggae - JAMaMa - 09-02-2020

Yes, have tried to invoke the Firemon several times.
BTW, no offense was taken here either. I respect everyones opinions, even if not agreed on, and try to do so every time with a positive vibe.
What would you like to share or talk about Tah? Please share and post something to get a thread going. Bless!

RE: Sunshine Reggae - oldtimer - 09-02-2020

I agree . It has turned into a blues post . There is not much going on in Jamaica BUT !!! would love some interaction from others . There are a lot of hits but other stuff would be great . Yes it is good that Firemon hopefully is back .

RE: Sunshine Reggae - CardBoardBox - 09-03-2020

When I played the first video, it sounded familar AND seemed circa 1980's, and when I played the 2nd from 1982, it was "I've heard that song before."
After years and years, you might question if parts of a melody were from someplace else; That was my situation.

Jump ahead 24 hours. I'm sitting in front of the computer deciding upon either reading emails or the news, and maybe penning a few words someplace (else) on how to achieve world peace, stop the eroding of the USA cities, saving the rain forest, you know like we all do from time to time, and suddenly  ....

Sunshine Reggae starts running through my brain.
It is one catchy tune Firemon brought over.

I'm glad he or I stopped at five. Smile

--------not sure if I want to include this------
Example of Have I head this before?:
Got To Give It Up · Marvin Gaye vs
Robin Thicke's hit song "Blurred Lines"
(forbes.com wrote about the legal decision)