The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Well .. I'm back at listening again.. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Well .. I'm back at listening again.. (/showthread.php?tid=102811)

Well .. I'm back at listening again.. - oldtimer - 08-07-2020

I had 3 grandkids around for a few days . They all like to hear what I have been listening to . My son has been downloading a lot of this stuff for the fishing boat this herring season .It's all been GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you very much !!!!!

RE: Well .. I'm back at listening again.. - JAMaMa - 08-07-2020

Hey DTOT...nice to hear another “voice”. My German “Shedder” isn't much of a conversationalist, just listens...some of the time.
OMG...three wee ones at one time? God bless you, and your wife. I am assuming she shouldered much of that, it is a woman thing lol!
So happy to know these are really of use to others. Brilliant idea your son has. Good for him and the crew I think! And it will be nice for him to be able to omit the stuff he doesn't particularly like. My intentions are to do the same. Do you know if he is putting on an mp3 player? Was wondering since I haven't tried yet. Hoping that method works because if there is no current or internet, wouldn't be able to play them. Which I just went through for almost two days this week....talk about stir crazy. Got so desperate plugged into the generator!
Btw, what did you think of the songs about sailing I put in the other day? I thought changing things up would give a nice change of pace and variety without getting too off topic. Blasts from the past! I replayed several times.
Well I see I am babbling on, again! Lol. Did I say I am stir crazy?!

RE: Well .. I'm back at listening again.. - oldtimer - 08-07-2020

No wife ...she past away . I don't know what he uses to record . I always love the songs of the sea .My daughter who use to work on the Bluenose thought that it was great that the story about the Bluenose racing the Yanks was good history

RE: Well .. I'm back at listening again.. - JAMaMa - 08-07-2020

I am so sorry. I just assumed, had no idea or I would not have said that. Sometimes I manage to put BOTH feet in my month. Another lesson learned.
On a lighter note, if/when you think about it, could you please ask your son if he will be using an mp3 to transfer the songs to? Though I am able to navigate around computers a bit, I am far from being a techie myself. Remember, I am not able to figure out how to post pictures (the art stuff promised) to this forum.
Prompted by the song and info suggested when searching I did do some history reading. Also did that when you mentioned about Maroons in Nova Scotia. Interesting story how they got there to be sent back to Africa. But the reading indicated they were all shipped out, but not to Africa. I need to recheck that. AND speaking of Maroons, did you happen to see that the Jamaican Navy just christened a new ship after Nanny? I thought that was pretty cool.