The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Yo JaMaMa .. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Yo JaMaMa .. (/showthread.php?tid=102807)

Yo JaMaMa .. - oldtimer - 07-29-2020

Do you know what Rez Blues is without looking it up ?

RE: Yo JaMaMa .. - JAMaMa - 07-29-2020

No, I did not. But I do now. From what I found its a Canadian Blues television show? I am still working on it. Can’t seem to get any of the episodes to play. Could be my wifi reception...too many devices at one time, since I am currently poolside, on the deck, listening to one of the Blues compilations. Don't know if you, or anyone else noticed, but I don't know who this Don guy is that put a lot of the ones I post on utube. Whoever he is, Dons Tunes are the best....everyone is amazing! Imagine how excited I was when I found some of his compilations (that is what’s-on now) He has one helluva collection, and the best taste! The sound is so clean and crisp. Easy to get lost...which clearly I have done a time or two LOL!!!!
Side note...something I noticed only recently, I was only listening before, really didn't pay much attention until now...the visuals, in black and white are really cool...but a few of those singles I posted are, well lets just say racy... could be used as visual aides (maybe explains the larger number of views...just sayin’ lol).

RE: Yo JaMaMa .. - oldtimer - 07-29-2020

Rez Blues...stands for Reservation Blues . The Native Canadians have a really good blues culture . Guys like Murray Porter etc . Really good listening . Something that people don't know about like Nova Scotia blues .

RE: Yo JaMaMa .. - JAMaMa - 08-01-2020

“He is a red man, playing black mans blues, living in a white mans world”.
This topic is proving difficult and frustrating. I am able to find Murray Porter that you mention, however, with the exception of this one song, all the performances I can find are home made videos and sound from peoples cell phones...and they are awful (sound wise) people talking and crap in the back ground, etc. what a shame. It is also hard to find others (Indigenous people, specifically Canadian) that do the blues...when I find something that might be it, turns out to be something else. I am not completely defeated yet...will keep fighting the fight lol.
Anyway here is one with a message but not very bluesy IMO...will follow up with a post of another (unfortunately with people interference.

RE: Yo JaMaMa .. - JAMaMa - 08-01-2020

Eureka! I expressed my frustration and the universe heard and responded!!! Found one or two Smile

RE: Yo JaMaMa .. - oldtimer - 08-01-2020

Your parents didn't raise no quiters . I am very poor as a techie but you are a digger !!!! I have been to a few bars where these guys play . Also use to watch Rez Blues all the time but don't know the name of the performers . I saw Murray Porter play with the Downchild Blues Band on New Years Eve in Ottawa about 12 years ago . Thanks for " rootin" !!!!