The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Jamaica beating back Coronavirus - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Jamaica beating back Coronavirus (/showthread.php?tid=102806)

Jamaica beating back Coronavirus - kylake - 07-25-2020

A short article from The New Yorker that somewhat sums up what Jamaica did to keep the infection rate low and what they are doing now that might reverse the trend.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/after-beating-back-the-coronavirus-jamaica-prioritizes-tourism-over-public-health

RE: Jamaica beating back Coronavirus - oldtimer - 07-25-2020

They are doing a pretty good job . But I don't want to be in a resort with some one from Texas ...just sayin'

RE: Jamaica beating back Coronavirus - JAMaMa - 07-25-2020

Good article. From the beginning I have said that Jamaica handled this thing better than most! And I knew they would get through this more easily than a lot of others as they are a very resourceful and resilient people. I, like many others, can not wait to get back, but refuse to do so until I am confident that I would not be endangering my friends. Being from the states, as things continue to unfold, my fear is that it is going to be a much longer time than would have been necessary had the states actually addressed this virus from the onset....sadly I am still waiting for that. I was not surprised when the EU closed its borders to US travelers. I am even more surprised that Jamaica didn't do the same, until I read an article from the prime minister that indicated the US tourism is the largest, by far, of their revenue. So sadly, I fear much like in the US, the allmighty dollar wins or human well being. Then there is the ignorance and/or arrogance of some people. Good example is a post on bobbies board who flew in from hot spot last week! Go read the post and judge for yourself, note the smiley faces and how they brag about bending/avoiding the rules. Posters user name is Gabriello , subject is 7/17 arrival or something like that. Pretty close to the top of the topic listings and had a lot of replies. Its people like that which will screw things up, for everyone else, worse and for much longer. I know personally, from my conversations with Jamaican friends they really do not want us there yet, contrary to what some would like to believe. They too think it is too soon and are scared. But I will again refer to their resilience. This thing has taken “soon come” to a whole new level.