The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Celtic music JaMaMa.. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Celtic music JaMaMa.. (/showthread.php?tid=102802)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Celtic music JaMaMa.. - oldtimer - 07-23-2020

Oh my !!!! Part of Nova Scotia is called Cape Breton Island . They have a 9 day festival each year called Celtic Colours !!!!
Check these guys/ladies out Natalie MacMaster , Ashley MacIssac , J.P. cormier , The Barra McNeill's , The Rankin Family , Coig , and many more . These are some of the performers from the Island that have gone on to become international stars . And then there is Rita McNeil and Matt Minglewood . This should keep you busy for awhile BUT !!!! yes there is always a but , keep us posted as you check them out . This might be about experiences in Jamaica , morifed into music BUT !!!! we are now looking at another island . Thank you Tammy for allowing us to spread our wings ( a little )

RE: Celtic music JaMaMa.. - JAMaMa - 07-23-2020

Oh boy, you have unleashed the beast (not that I was ever reined in) this will take some time and thought. The first thing I listened to was Natalie Macmaster & Donnell Leahy Fiddlers Despair. Ya know the strings on a fiddle are shiny so the old crow has been distracted! Lol!!!
Now I ask, does the Blues Festival and the Celtic one run back to back? ...one can only hope!

RE: Celtic music JaMaMa.. - oldtimer - 07-23-2020

The Blues festival is not going to happen this year as is the Celtic Colours . They are not at the same time . Celtic Colours is all over Cape Breton .It is ABSOLUTELY !!!!! over the top . In Nova Scotia Natalie is only know as Natalie and any one will know who you are talking about . She married into the Leahy family and have a bunch of kids . Thank you for opening up to some Bluenose ( Nova Scotians are called Bluenosers ) culture . The Maroons have deep culture in Nova Scotia as well .

RE: Celtic music JaMaMa.. - JAMaMa - 07-23-2020

Yes, sadly I know there will not be any festivals this year (and rightfully so IMO) just as I will not be going “home” this year. My concerns as things are going, here in the states, are about next year too! You see, I am not one of those arrogant, entitled, or selfish, Americans ( referring to some drama (rightfully so) the last few days on the Bobby board (which I never bother, though extremely tempting to reply to. You just cant fix some things) = see the thread (user name is Gabriello) about some fool from Georgia who started a big issue with their writings on their experience landing in MoBay a few days back) I do think of others and their well being. Actually that is what prompted me to post those “colorful” negative songs. Instead of using my words, I acted out in music. Lol. Since thought better and realized it was a stupid moment and deleted.
Never have been a political person...but times and things change. Going out on a limb here but...Hopefully, come November, everyone, like me, will come out of the shadows and do their parts to end this insanity and turn the world right side up (and never, ever make the same mistake/s again). I am keeping the faith and cheering for humanity. So my fellow Americans...please search deeply within and just do the right thing! Sorry went off track.
BUT when this all passes I definitely have a few more items on my bucket list....which much like my postings here...is becoming rather extensive. Lol. Perhaps I will look into preregistering...Gonna need to ask for a little more time if He sees fit.

RE: Celtic music JaMaMa.. - JAMaMa - 07-24-2020

DTOT, Wow..that voice, I just heard an angel sing!

I friggin love this! My dog wont let me jig in peace though! Somebodies gonna get hurt LMAO!

Am so such a sucker for ballads