The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
JaMaMa.. I just don't know... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: JaMaMa.. I just don't know... (/showthread.php?tid=102796)

Pages: 1 2

JaMaMa.. I just don't know... - oldtimer - 07-19-2020

What to say . I now have a grand daughter that is starting to " dig " the blues . She sings in the Halifax Youth Honor Choir and a couple of her friends are now following your posts . They love Lara Price ...Crazy and are trying to learn it " just for fun " I loved the old versions and then other versions of the same song . I hope Kylake and Firemon step back up and get some others to step up and play some tunes for us . By the hits I think there are people lovin' it !!!!!!!! Isn't Shirley Jackson a hoot !!!!

RE: JaMaMa.. I just don't know... - JAMaMa - 07-19-2020

How cool is that! Another generation gets it (old souls IMO) , you must be so, so proud! And what a great song and rendition for her to undertake. I would love to hear that, when they get it down. Hopefully they will video record and post!
Funny, I was wondering who the devil was also up so late night (A little TMI perhaps but I have a sleep disorder which causes it to elude me sometimes). There were so many hits immediately for each post...almost at 100 by the time I stopped! So just when I think I might have become a PITA I see someone out there is also enjoying. So I suppose I will continue to share. Lord knows there is so much material, certainly wont run out lol!
...and yes Shirley Jackson is very interesting. But Saffire and the Uppity Blues Women are the hoot to me! Their song/words are hysterical, ex: Silver Beaver. But with that in mind and not realizing previously that there might be some youths listening, I will try to censor what I post.
Of course I had to look this up...and thought it warranted posting (BIG ups to this group of talented young ladies!) and apropos for today and the times we are in! One of them has to be her, eh?

...and part two

...and we have a theme for this marnin’...these will be with the junior DTOT in mind!

RE: JaMaMa.. I just don't know... - oldtimer - 07-19-2020

Yes she is one of them . She would rather I would't say with one is her BUT !!!!! when they finish doing their blues song you will find out then . THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for doing the " shout out " to the HYHC !!!! I am very proud of her and the other girls . There are 2 blind sisters in the choir !!!! Ain't that somethin' !!!!eh !!!

Oh my! Hope you did t think I eluding for you to reveal her. I would not. Besides, I much prefer mysteries and imagination. In fact if they do video, which would reveal, when the time comes I would give you an email address of mine to send to...unless of course she decides to come out of the shadows too! Lol! But then, if she a some friends are doing it, unless pointed out specifically, the mystery could continue!...until of course, it becomes another hit!
Are you kidding? Had to give them a shout out when I saw that video and done virtually!!!! Girls all got some talent (there was one in particular that really stood out to me (granted we all have a different ear) ...I wonder...lol) major kudos to each and every one of them!
Back to prior remark about old soul...I truly believe you don't learn to like or love the blues, if inclined, you were born with it and it will emerge when the time is right, no matter the age. Reminds me of a couple things to post..one will not be blues related but its so sweet cant not share