The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
New vs reply to thread - Kylake - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: New vs reply to thread - Kylake (/showthread.php?tid=102760)

New vs reply to thread - Kylake - JAMaMa - 07-01-2020

Thanks for the reply Kylake.
I have tried everything. The reply to thread at both the top and bottom of the message. Signed out, rebooted, etc. Not using a phone...lol, wouldn't be able to see that to read anything! Am using one of my ipads. I did just have an “ ah ha!” moment... I recently cleared my cache and that does involve cookies being deleted so apps or certain aspects of them may not work proper. Will be looking into that. I too would much prefer keeping threads and replies together and flowing smoothly, ergo was annoyed and trying to figure out the reply issue. This new thread to add or reply really messes with ones slight OCD tendencies. Lol. Glad paranoid is not an issue or one would think they were being sensored like other boards.

RE: New vs reply to thread - Kylake - kylake - 07-01-2020

Well an iPad would be using Safari browser. I bet it is a browser issue. If you can load an app for Firefox browser try going to this board and logging in and see if that resolves the issue. This of course is assuming you are using the default ipad Safari browser. Apple needs to give up on their lousy browser and use Firefox or Chrome, IMHO.

RE: New vs reply to thread - Kylake - CardBoardBox - 07-02-2020

this pretains/pertains to a Windows 7 laptop; For a while, I was linking to sites/ads from a web page as though I had clicked the mouse button even though I had only moved the mouse which caused the pointer/arrow to go over the icon/link. If I avoided the icons/links, I stayed on the page.
Never determine why/how and the situation corrected itself in days. It was as if some software or addon or virus was doing it, mimicing a 'mouse click'.
I don't know smart phones or "apps."

humor/truth? If it wasn't some malware from an addon, or the government, it could have been the mouse/hardware.

------
humor. As I reread my response, which is poorly English,  I recall a Facebook post recently  "As current events are causing history to be rewritten, one thing is certain; It will have misspellings and no punctuation."
The quote isn't exact; it was on either Tammy's or Elaine's page.

RE: New vs reply to thread - Kylake - JAMaMa - 07-02-2020

Well, it appears it has something to do with my ipad pro, which is only about a year old. I clearly am able to reply to threads on my old ipad air. So much for progress.
CBB - was wondering if/when you would add to this. If I remember correctly, in a previous life, you worked with computers?
Another thought, you mention virus’, government etc....perhaps I need to tone down some of my messaging to friends. In regards to the state of events, particularly the US and handling of this virus, I might have mentioned, in a weak moment and slight rage, something about clowns, magic bullets, etc. Reading your musings, maybe big brother is really still watching! Lol.

RE: New vs reply to thread - Kylake - kylake - 07-03-2020

Quote:JAMaMa wrote: Well, it appears it has something to do with my ipad pro, which is only about a year old. I clearly am able to reply to threads on my old ipad air. So much for progress.
Since you mentioned that, my second guess is the version of Safari you have on the old ipad, is different than the version of Safari on the new ipad. If that is indeed the case on the new ipad I would try to use google chrome or firefox browser. I bet there is an app for one or the other and it could be a work around.

RE: New vs reply to thread - Kylake - JAMaMa - 07-03-2020

Thanks again Kylake. Will definitely change browsers. Tried to reply earlier...but was on the pro. Funny, I am so not into upgrading (don't conform to changes) any devices. Still love my old first edition ipad air, however decided to get the new pro for more capacity and my art work, so I use that more often now. Never anticipated, nor ever encountered previously, an issue like this. Would be more fun if it were really Maxwell Smart, Agent 99, a hoax ( so many of those these days, lmao), or some other covert operation. Lol... oh

RE: New vs reply to thread - Kylake - kylake - 07-04-2020

What type of artist are you? I admire artist since I can barely draw a straight line using a ruler :-)

RE: New vs reply to thread - Kylake - oldtimer - 07-04-2020

I was wondering that as well . We need some pics.

RE: New vs reply to thread - Kylake - JAMaMa - 07-04-2020

Kylake and DTOT -
I do not necessarily call myself an artist, but will admit that I was gifted with a bit of a talent.
I will post pictures of some stuff as soon as I figure out how to do that here so its not a link or attachment (definitely not talented in the computer tech area lol) will figure it out...soon come.