The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
IMHO !!!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: IMHO !!!! (/showthread.php?tid=102743)

Pages: 1 2

IMHO !!!! - oldtimer - 06-02-2020

If Jamaica opens up where are the tourists/visitors coming from ? Not Canada . After vacation you have to stay home for 2 weeks . Not from the USA . I don't think they can come back home ( not really sure about that ) Not from Europe . What is there to do ??? The summer sun will be hot , hot , hot Just like here . I can't see where there is safety in a visit . I would love for this to just disappear but I doubt that very much . Lord knows the owners need all they can get . With all this unemployment every , where is the extra money for a vacation coming from ? Just asking .

RE: IMHO !!!! - kylake - 06-03-2020

Well we are not jumping on the first traffic down for tourist but I assume many of the AI crowd will and there might be some good deals to be had. We are going to monitor and looking at Oct but it is definitely a wait and see situation for us.

RE: IMHO !!!! - IJ - 06-05-2020

We can travel from the USA and many will, as soon as Jamaica opens the border.

RE: IMHO !!!! - Bruce - 06-06-2020

I am not returning to Jamaica until there is a clearer picture of what this virus is going to do next. I don't want to bring it into another country.

The virus protocol at some of the AI's, while completely understandable, would make it hard to enjoy a vacation.  

RE: IMHO !!!! - oldtimer - 06-06-2020

I don't want to sound like an ass but is the correct word " many " or " some ". I personally don't really mine the isolation here because I live on 50 acres on the ocean BUT !!!! we as Nova Scotians can't even go to the next province . I could/would love to sit outside room 8 at Treehouse but how will I get home and we are going to be having " home isolation " for another 14 days on returning home . I hope all travellers remain safe !!!!!!

RE: IMHO !!!! - Tim - 06-08-2020

(06-02-2020, 02:39 PM)double trouble ot Wrote:  If Jamaica opens up where are the tourists/visitors coming from ? Not Canada . After vacation you have to stay home for 2 weeks . Not from the USA . I don't think they can come back home ( not really sure about that ) Not from Europe . What is there to do ??? The summer sun will be hot , hot , hot Just like here . I can't see where there is safety in a visit . I would love for this to just disappear but I doubt that very much . Lord knows the owners need all they can get . With all this unemployment every , where is the extra money for a vacation coming from ? Just asking .

Considering there are small businesses struggling to get employees to return to work, because JT is paying them more than their jobs did, and there are some businesses busier than ever compensating for others, many people still working or getting paid their full wage to stay home - once the airlines start flying regularly I have no doubt they will have customers to fill seats. 
My wife spends a lot of her free time planning her month long trip to Europe next summer. 

RE: IMHO !!!! - oldtimer - 06-08-2020

There is a lot of work put into planning .

RE: IMHO !!!! - TAH - 06-09-2020

We all "want to" get back to our usual travels, man. I don't see what "having the money" has to do with anything at all. If you pay attention, and read about what is happening in states that have re-opened early... it isn't a pretty picture. Infection and hospitalization rates are increasing in virtually every state that opened early. People in those states (and others) will travel if allowed, because they "want to". 

We are all responsible for each others' health during something like this. It really frustrates me that a few (or many more than a few) selfish people can jeopardize my health, my family's health, and that of the people who have to live in the places we like to vacation in. 

Please consider other human beings. 

RE: IMHO !!!! - oldtimer - 06-09-2020

I'm with you 100% !!!!!!!! If your not allowed to drive drunk why should you be allowed to travel with the chance of making people very sick/die ????

RE: IMHO !!!! - Tim - 06-09-2020

(06-09-2020, 08:10 AM)double trouble ot Wrote:  I'm with you 100% !!!!!!!! If your not allowed to drive drunk why should you be allowed to travel with the chance of making people very sick/die ????

I don't really follow that analogy. So are you suggesting nobody travel anywhere until there is a vaccine?