The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Firemon: The TRUTH - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Firemon: The TRUTH (/showthread.php?tid=102665)

Firemon: The TRUTH - Aquavit - 12-03-2019

Here ya go:

1. There was a double-murder deep West End a few nights ago. Happens to have happened in my neighborhood and to a person I've known for over 20 years
2. This was not a random murder - it was a targeted hit for whatever reason (reason unknown)
3. As with MOST targeted hits (which is actually MOST murders) only the victims who were intended were hurt. Yes, I do remember the botched hit up at Spyda's several years ago. Innocent bystander killings are rare but OK, they do (and have) happened.
4. Unlike the shooting at Spyda's at Kenny's Chinese, NEAR Corner Bar (didn't happen AT Corner Bar....and no one other than the intended victim was hurt in that case) this did not happen in the midst of where tourists tend to hang out. It happened in a normally quiet residential neighborhood.
5. Two arrests have been made in connection with these murders.

I haven't posted anything untrue - people tend to get all hysterical every time there is a murder and while its tragic....there is nothing to get hysterical about. What pisses me off is the LACK of army presence IN Negril since I've been here (one road block at the St. James/Hanover border and the St. Elizabeth/Westmoreland border that I've seen). Well....the next evening there they were and there's been a visible police presence up our way as well....for now.

To anyone coming down, even if you are venturing deep west, just carry on as you usually do. Don't walk around at night, don't be flashy with money or jewelry - the people on this board know the drill better than anyone and for heaven's sake, do not get hysterical! In the end you do what you need to feel comfortable. The weather has been beautiful and aside from this ugliness the vibe has been chill.

RE: Firemon: The TRUTH - Firemon - 12-03-2019

FYI I don't bother reading your posts.   That's The Truth!

RE: Firemon: The TRUTH - Tim - 12-03-2019

(12-03-2019, 05:11 PM)Firemon Wrote:  FYI I don't bother reading your posts.   That's The Truth!

I don't blame you. Second hand information is the same, doesn't matter where it comes from. Until you live and breathe there, it's all hearsay. Visiting a week or 2, a month or 2 still makes you a visitor.

RE: Firemon: The TRUTH - daniel - 12-03-2019

IMO   Totally uncalled for , bothaya !

RE: Firemon: The TRUTH - Tammy - 12-04-2019

(12-03-2019, 09:52 PM)daniel Wrote:  IMO   Totally uncalled for , bothaya !

Agree ... chill out please. 

RE: Firemon: The TRUTH - Flintstone - 12-04-2019

The newspaper said that the fridge was stolen. Was this one of the rumours that it was a robbery gone wrong. Never heard of a fridge going missing the contents certainly but not the appliance.