The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
taxes/fees are half my airfare - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: taxes/fees are half my airfare (/showthread.php?tid=102635)

Pages: 1 2

taxes/fees are half my airfare - CardBoardBox - 10-26-2019

here is the breakdown round trip:

Base Fare 160.00
U.S. Transportation Tax 37.20
Animal and plant health inspection fee 3.96
US Immigration and Naturalization user fee 7.00
US customs User Fee 5.89
U.S. 9/11 Security Fee 5.60
Passenger Service and Security Fee 23.09
Airport Improvement Fee 5.00
Tourism Enhancement Fee 20.00
Passenger Facility Charge 3.00
Airline Passenger Levy 20.00
Passenger Aviation Service Charge 8.00
Travel Tax 35.00
U.S. Passenger Facility Chg 4.50

Total 338.24

Followup post is all commentary. Feel free to jump over it.

RE: taxes/fees are half my airfare - CardBoardBox - 10-26-2019

I never had a relative say they had to walk to school in the snow uphill both ways (catch that?)
I never visited MBJ when the terminal was a trailer/mobile home type.
I began when the walk from gate 8 was a short distance to immigration and everyone used very tall stairs for egress from(to?) the aeroplane.
Then they sold the airport. Then they spent a million dollars on each 'jet bridge.'
Then, like politicans who spend your taxes and take credit for improvements, the airport expanded more and you can pay $14 for a Wendy's hamburger.

Gone are the days of paying J$750 departure tax (or you couldn't get on the plane.) That change made sense. Now even the sky/jet bridges make sense.

Not having a restroom during the five mile walk to immigration does not make sense.

I'm tempted (in humor) to ask for a refund of the Animal and plant health inspection fee 3.96, and if the Tourism Enhancement Fee 20.00 includes a free t-shirt

RE: taxes/fees are half my airfare - oldtimer - 10-27-2019

Where do you pay all that ?

RE: taxes/fees are half my airfare - IJ - 10-27-2019

DT - it's in the price of your ticket.

RE: taxes/fees are half my airfare - Firemon - 10-28-2019

Fee-fi-fo-fum, don't you love those so-called "convenience fees" banks and ticket sellers charge to line their pockets. 

RE: taxes/fees are half my airfare - oldtimer - 10-29-2019

This year it is direct from Halifax ( Nova Scotia ) for $576 CDN taxes in . Add another $150 Cdn for a taxi to and from airport Not too bad eh !.

RE: taxes/fees are half my airfare - Tim - 10-29-2019

$338? pretty much free lol. We are looking at coming over the Christmas break. Flights will be about $1800 return each. 

RE: taxes/fees are half my airfare - Tim - 11-03-2019

No longer just thinking. We are now booked, arriving a few days before Christmas, leaving a few days after New Years (when your wife is a teacher that's the only choice). 
Got a deal LOL. Only $1515 Canadian each return. It's been a few years for us, will be nice to see a couple friends there.

RE: taxes/fees are half my airfare - CardBoardBox - 11-04-2019

I am happy for you both making the booking and the slight reduction in airfare. Dare I hope that it is a package price. I know I always departed when the high-season hotel rates kicked in on Dec 15.

Must admit that I am spoiled flying out of the New York City major airports, as the airfare is only a bit higher than flying from Florida and near that of flying from here into Florida alone.

Only once did I swallow (paid for) a $500 plus ticket although 600-900 USD is an imagined non-sale price range. The more competition the better. I've reached the age where overnighting on the airport floor for connecting flights is not worth the savings.

What is your airport code Tim?

RE: taxes/fees are half my airfare - Tim - 11-04-2019

That is flight only, no hotels.
Flying YXE to YYC, overnight with friends there. YYC to MBJ next morning. Price would be almost half if we didn't have to travel high-high season. We considered a return to Belize but prices were even higher.
We have generally split our trip between the westend and beach. Got the west end part booked but after hours on the computer yesterday zero rooms found on the beach. We aren't overly fussy but I know enough where I would or wouldn't want to stay. Still working on it.