The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Kylake ,,med insurance... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Kylake ,,med insurance... (/showthread.php?tid=102621)

Kylake ,,med insurance... - oldtimer - 09-25-2019

I talked to my daughter last night and she AGAIN !!!!! STRESSED !!!! to challenge the insurance agent on what you do if sick or hurt in Jamaica and how they would handle it !!!!!!!!!!! Very !!!!!! IMPORTANT !!!!!! people think they are covered but aren't !!! She has never used Thomas Cook Remember the only stupid question is the one you don't ask !!!!!!

RE: Kylake ,,med insurance... - kylake - 09-25-2019

Thanks OT, Great suggestion and tell her thanks! On the other thread I am trying to compile a list of all the hospitals, doctors, ambulance services and contact info in the hope it will help myself and others regardless of having or not having insurance. From what I can tell no emergency service will transport you out of country until stable which would mean at the minimum an overnight stay in a hospital if the problem was of a traumatic nature, accident, heart attack, stroke, etc. I guy I knew last year had a heart attack on the beach, fortunately there was a nurse around and did CPR to revive him. Then he was in Sav Public Hospital for a few days and when stabilized taken by ambulance to MoBay and flown to Miami Hospital and finally returning home. That was my wake up call to start making a list that would be helpful to everyone. Anyone reading this that can contribute or correct what I have listed in the other thread please help out for the benefit of all.

RE: Kylake ,,med insurance... - MissJamaicaSoul - 09-26-2019

I had to go to Sav hospital a few years ago.I was grateful for the care that I received and lucky enough to have insurance to pay a new flight home,meds and X rays..
It was not easy to get the insurance to pay out..really stressful.
Sav do the best that they can...but I hope I never have to go back there. ..fingers crossed!!!

MissJamaicaSoulx