The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Free Beach Hotel - UDC issues (again) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Free Beach Hotel - UDC issues (again) (/showthread.php?tid=102490)

Pages: 1 2

Free Beach Hotel - UDC issues (again) - JonTom - 05-01-2019

Free Beach - Vaz, Gov’t, UDC Fingered In J$1.3b Resort Property Giveaways

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lead-stories/20190501/free-beach-vaz-govt-udc-fingered-j13b-resort-property-giveaways

This sounds very familiar. I think it was the Issa property on Bloody Bay that had similar accusations - UDC selling government property well below market value - but I can't recall for sure.

My guess is nothing will happen to Daryl Vaz. About 10 years ago I was reading the paper at a bar (yes a printed newspaper, it was a thing) and said something like "looks like one of your ministers will go to jail for corruption" (this was when D.V. was charged with corruption for interfering in a traffic incident case). He asked "Who?". When I replied "Daryl Vaz" he laughed long and hard and said "no way, never". I dare say he was correct.

RE: Free Beach Hotel - UDC issues (again) - Aquavit - 05-01-2019

Didn't the UDC sell off Little Bloody Bay for a song to the developer of Little Bay Country Club? So sad what has happened to that pristine little beach.

RE: Free Beach Hotel - UDC issues (again) - JonTom - 05-01-2019

Little Bay Country Club is the Issa property I meant. I think.

RE: Free Beach Hotel - UDC issues (again) - Aquavit - 05-01-2019

I thought it was a Butch Stewart thing? Either way, its sad - a full on suburb straight out of the shores of Long Island NY.

RE: Free Beach Hotel - UDC issues (again) - JonTom - 05-02-2019

Articles list Robert Cartade as the developer of LBCC. His wife is an Issa. Perhaps that is why I thought Issa-owned.

http://mobile.jamaica-gleaner.com/20091129/out/out5.php

I can't find the UDC sale-for-a-song thing, but think it was that property.

RE: Free Beach Hotel - UDC issues (again) - Aquavit - 05-02-2019

If I am remembering correctly I think the property sold for $1M US.

RE: Free Beach Hotel - UDC issues (again) - JonTom - 05-07-2019

The Contractor General Dirk Harrison releases a report questioning a minister's involvement (Daryl Vaz) in the UDC sale of government property.
Then, the agency that subsumed the C.G.'s office disassociates itself from the C.G.'s findings and suggest that his position maybe cut short. Coincidence?

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lead-stories/20190507/integrity-commission-wants-harrison-gone-solicitor-general-says-paying

Fairly brazen, if you ask me. What I wonder is, assuming the corruption to be true, how does the $ get back to Daryl Vaz? (Always follow the $).

Do they kickback some $ to some secret bank account? Is he secretly invested in the company that bought the property? How does this stuff work?

RE: Free Beach Hotel - UDC issues (again) - shipmaster - 05-07-2019

Perhaps Occam's razor might be the case

They sold the place for a song to get the investment.

Every city / state does the same thing here. Plus tax breaks

Grow up

Cap

RE: Free Beach Hotel - UDC issues (again) - Tammy - 05-11-2019

Cap you think everything in Jamaica is all good? Seems if anyone is honest about the runnings and corruption you have something smart to say to the person and become quite defensive. Am I reading your post wrong? I got news for you Jamaica is very corrupt and people are murdered there every day for NO reason other than pure evilness. Maybe in your little yawd everything is good and you've been very blessed but look outside your yawd and everything is not criss. People are suffering.

RE: Free Beach Hotel - UDC issues (again) - shipmaster - 05-11-2019

(05-11-2019, 03:20 AM)Tammy Wrote:  Cap you think everything in Jamaica is all good? Seems if anyone is honest about the runnings and corruption you have something smart to say to the person and become quite defensive. Am I reading your post wrong? I got news for you Jamaica is very corrupt and people are murdered there every day for NO reason other than pure evilness. Maybe in your little yawd everything is good and you've been very blessed but look outside your yawd and everything is not criss. People are suffering.

Tammy,

Firstly let me offer my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I was commenting on a real estate deal only. I'm well aware of the day to day situation in Jamaica.

Cap