The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Jamaica Sells Jamaica - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Jamaica Sells Jamaica (/showthread.php?tid=102453)

Jamaica Sells Jamaica - CardBoardBox - 03-31-2019

The government of Jamaica has announced that a Memo Of Understanding (MOU) has been signed assigning 51% of Jamaica property and assets to the Peoples Republic of China effective the first of April.

"We are very excited by the sale" quoted many sources, "and have been working on this since the Goat Island fishing preserve was reclassified as a trans Carribean deep water shipping port."

One advantage seen by both Jamaica and China is items transfered through the new facility can now be labeled as "Product of Jamaica" including Mandarine Oranges which will be rebranded as "Likkle Oranges Dem" to give the appearance that less goods are originating from the mainland.

The port director, Mr Watt Phish, anticipates employment for dozens of Jamaicans and reduced expenses since admitance to the facility will be restricted to Chinese inspectors as well as forgoing financal accounting audits due to China's privacy laws.

The PNP and the JNP labor pary would not confirm if there was any truth to creating islands to within 12 miles of Cuba in order to increase the sovern territory of Jamaica.

Jamaica and China have signed 25 agreements worth $23 billion, aiming to move cooperation dominated by raw materials to products with greater added value, including both farmland and milk from New Zealand, diamond mines in Africa, iron ore from many nations, and snow from the Artic circle.

He gave no details. The Chinese government did not provide any details on the agreements reached.

“We have actively cooperated with China for more than 20 years, mainly in the energy sector and in extracting other raw materials” quoted the Minister as saying during a meeting with Chinese businessmen in Beijing where all financial records will be kept out of the eyes of the general public. (Editors note; allowing release of China banking information requires permission from the 200 member 'boys club' who haven't been charged with corruption.)

For the second time in just over three years, Jamaica has secured a multibillion-dollar infrastructure development programme with China, a government insider revealed before he was transfered to a re-education facility on the mainland.

The US$300-million agreement was negotiated by Works Minister Dr Omar Davis during his visit to China last month, according to the government source.

"Let me put it this way, my trip to China achieved all I went for and a bit more," he added, "including a Swiss pension plan."

In February, Jamaica signed a US$340-million loan agreement with China Exim Bank. Those funds, along with US$60 million provided by the Jamaican Government, were used to finance the controversial Jamaica Development Infrastructure Programme (JDIP).

To questions from the opposition party, Auditor General Paula Monroe Elliis said her team found that the Road Maintenance Fund could not identify ANY work to account for a $23.2-million road project, which the National Works Agency (NWA) had certified as being satisfactorily completed.

At the same time, she found that the NWA used $102 million in JDIP money to refurbish its offices.

This was defended by the Minister's purchasing department since most of the furniture was purchased from Ikea, although those items from China have since been identified as containing formaldihye causing workers to complain about the odor. "The Purchase Order was issued by the other party" he added, "so No Problem. Go burn a splif."

After the Memo of Understanding fades from memory and the transfer of island property is completed, talks will resume on selling 51% of certain goverment operations, something which is continually denied but seems to occur on a much smaller scale.

RE: Jamaica Sells Jamaica - oldtimer - 04-01-2019

April Fool to you to !!!

RE: Jamaica Sells Jamaica - Firemon - 04-01-2019

"Likkle Oranges Dem"

Hilarious

RE: Jamaica Sells Jamaica - Flintstone - 04-01-2019

Good One

RE: Jamaica Sells Jamaica - JAMaMa - 04-01-2019

Lmao! ...was tempted to copy and paste to Bobbys World. Decided that would over stress his fact checking, story twist, and rebutal process.
Likkle orange dem....swiss pension plan....??

RE: Jamaica Sells Jamaica - CardBoardBox - 04-02-2019

It was nice that some people got a laugh out of it and I appreciate the reply posts you all gave.

Much of the information and quotes BEGAN as true (mainly 3 years ago).
It was only a one hour project to make fun of the day. If I wanted to spend the time I would have accurately conveyed more of the world wide investments of raw material sources going mainly unnoticed. I suppose it is what I haven't found on the Internet which should cause people to worry more.

Food from that country is a concern and if you look, you'll see that our traditional Tuna Fish from Thailand cans are supplimented by 'product of (guess who)' in tiny little letters.

My intention sometimes is to enlighten and entertain. My one regret is that the composition wasn't drafted as good as a news story would have been.

BTW, there is no truth that anyone is trying to corner the snow cone market.

RE: Jamaica Sells Jamaica - JAMaMa - 04-02-2019

Forgot about the snow from the Arctic...never thought of snow cones!
No doubt there was, once pon a time, some underlieing truths in your writing, which still makes me shake my head and laugh. IMO we all live in the upside down.