The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd (/showthread.php?tid=102390)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - oldtimer - 03-03-2019

I agree with everything you said except the last sentence . negril was build on crime fuelled by tourism . It wasn't grocery stores or schools that brought people to Negril/Jamaica . The bait is the tourist industry . That is where they get the numbers .Negril tourists have far more access to the streets than say Ochi BUT !!! the same crimes are committed . Coke THAT IS THE PROBLEM !!!!! In my humble opinion . I lived in rural Jamaica for years and years and there are as many criminals there as in tourist areas.

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - kylake - 03-03-2019

Quote:OT wrote: Who got shot , a local or a stranger to Negril ??
29 year old ex police officer is what I read in the Gleaner. Pretty bold move to go into a crowded Kenny's at 7:55 pm and murder at point blank range. So glad I wasn't there as we have eaten in at Kenny's before and ordered to go several times.

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - Flintstone - 03-04-2019

Well this sucks, I like eating at Kenny,s and was there this jan. Gun crime is way too prevalent these days. Perhaps the justice system should concentrate their efforts on solving gun crimes, and increase the sentence for crimes involving a firearm. During our visit this Jan. I was very close to becoming a witness to a shooting. It was my second trip to the Digicel store for a new sim card, they were to arrive friday so I waited till sat. to be sure. Still none, it was 2 p. m. and the clerk  told me to go to Flow for a sim card, I did and after waiting 40 minutes in line found out my phone was locked to Digicel and their sim card would not work. Got back to the west end around 3 P.M. Next day we find out someone was shot at the round about at 4-20 pm. Very close to the Flow store I was at. Funny thing  is there seemed to be less hustlers this reach... less pushy people and fewer beggars. I think the fact this happened at Kennys on N M Blvd. shows how little fear these gunman  have. It is very fortunate that no one else was hurt. These people are not trained marksmen and even a pro can have a bad day, not to mention bullets tend to ricochet in buildings and at close range. Lets hope they catch the guy.

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - Aquavit - 03-05-2019

Good point about witnesses. This ass-hat put all those tourists eating there at that time in the position of identifying him. Me, I keep my mouth shut, many years of experience tells me this but it automatically puts a target on the back of those who don't know.

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - Firemon - 03-05-2019

The Westmoreland police have listed 24 people as wanted in connection with a range of criminal activities that have been affecting the parish and surrounding areas. The individuals listed as wanted are urged to turn themselves in immediately. They are:

1. Isaiah Perry of Kings Valley and Grange Hill, Westmoreland. He is wanted for shooting with intent.

2. Burton Shearer, 50, of Church Lincoln district, Westmoreland. He is wanted for m_rder.

3. Orlando Jarrett, 29, of Red Ground, Negril and Savanna-la-Mar, Westmoreland. He is wanted for House Break-In and Receiving Stolen Property.

4. Steve Vassell, 33, of Shortwood Road, Kingston 8. He is wanted for mu+der.

5. Dwayne Clarke, otherwise called 'Buju', 26, of Coffee Walk and Little London in Westmoreland. He is wanted for escaping custody.

6. Ashwayne Campbell, otherwise called 'Cappy', 23, of Lennox Big Woods, Westmoreland. He is wanted for mu_der.

7. Philbert Anderson, 45, of Whithorn, Westmoreland and Spanish Town, St. Catherine. He is wanted for mu4der.

8. Aaron Ramsey, otherwise called 'Pressa Foot', 27, of Shoalin district, Westmoreland. He is wanted for escaping custody following the charge of indecent assault.

9. Raymond Brissett of Bethel Town and Cornwall Mountain in Westmoreland.

10. Deno Davis, otherwise called 'Pinchers', 30, of Whithorn, Westmoreland. He is wanted for wounding with intent and shooting with intent.

11. Lushane Campbell, otherwise called 'Chin', of Sheffield district, Westmoreland. He is wanted for wounding with intent.

12. Bryant Rowe, otherwise called 'Naughty Boy', of Sterling district, Grange Hill in Westmoreland.

13. Mashorn Samuels, otherwise called 'Sabo', 29, of Savanna-la-Mar, Westmoreland.

14. Dushane Allen, otherwise called 'Nigel', 25, of Greenwich district, Westmoreland. He is of dark complexion, slim build and about five feet 10 inches tall. He is wanted for three counts of mu-der.

15. Carol Haughton of Nonpareil Road in Negril, Westmoreland. She is wanted for mu4der.

16. Gary Clarke of Seaton Crescent, Savanna-la-Mar, Westmoreland. He is of dark complexion and about five feet nine inches tall. He is wanted for illegal possession of firearm and ammunition.

17. Alphanso Martin, otherwise called 'Junior', of Nonpareil Road in Negril, Westmoreland. He is of brown complexion, medium build and about five feet eight inches tall. He is wanted for wounding with intent.

18. Trevor Leon, 43, of Seaton Crescent, Savanna-la-Mar in Westmoreland. He is wanted for m^rder.

19. Mark Phillips otherwise called 'Frog Heart', of Petersfield district in Westmoreland. He is wanted for shooting with intent.

20. Shane Johnson of New Roads district, Westmoreland. He is of brown complexion and about five feet eight inches tall. He is wanted for r@pe.

21. Ricardo Rodney, otherwise called 'Boy Boy', of Cornwall Mountain and Bethel Town in Westmoreland. He is wanted for mu4der.

22. Demar Lawrence of Moreland district, Westmoreland. He is wanted for m^rder.

23. Ryan Gordon, otherwise called 'Pilot', of Bethel Town, Westmoreland. He is wanted for murd3r.

24. Oseen Gordon, otherwise called 'Tavel', of Bethel Town, Westmoreland, He is wanted for mur4er.

Anyone knowing the whereabouts of these individuals is being asked to contact the Savanna-la-Mar Criminal Investigation Branch at 876-955-2758, Crime Stop at 311, police 119 emergency number or the nearest police station.

Additionally, the police is reminding the public that it is a criminal offence to harbour fugitives and anyone found committing this offence may face prosecution.

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - Tim - 03-05-2019

(03-05-2019, 10:09 AM)Aquavit Wrote:  Good point about witnesses.  This ass-hat put all those tourists eating there at that time in the position of identifying him.  Me, I keep my mouth shut, many years of experience tells me this but it automatically puts a target on the back of those who don't know.

So what you are saying is there are people that know who did this, but won't speak up because they will be the next target.
Nice way to live....

I am sure there are ways to pass on information without identifying yourself. 
As was already said, handguns are not built for accuracy, and there could have easily have been innocent vacationers killed or injured. 
What a great thing to witness while travelling to a place to relax and enjoy yourself.

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - Aquavit - 03-05-2019

"So what you are saying is there are people that know who did this, but won't speak up because they will be the next target.
Nice way to live...."
Maybe not...but it's the reality of the situation. Their lives are put at serious risk if they bear witness. And as you have read and digested, gun violence is out of hand, the cops do not have a handle on it nor do they have the will or manpower to protect witnesses.
Maybe there were people there who knew the guy (OT's point about him being an outsider is very valid so if there is a chance he could be identified, its slim). But even giving a description to the police is a risky thing.

If I were in that restaurant I wouldn't dare even describe the guy to the police. Eyes and ears are everywhere....and these days lives ain't worth a damn.

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - wendy - 03-05-2019

I disagree on the stray bullets, they know EXACTLY who they want and they are excellent marksmen, have u ever seen a Jamaican throw a rock and it their mark dead on ? I have. 
Ex cop at 29 ? Come on, one has to guess why such a short career ? And who do you think actually done it, no guessing here.

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - IJ - 03-05-2019

"the young ones sometimes have no choice but to become part of the problem."  - Total BS statement. Don't make excuses for these degenerates.

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - Westenders - 03-06-2019

All your statement shows is that you don’t know or understand life in Jamaica