The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd (/showthread.php?tid=102390)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - Sharleen - 03-02-2019

As far as I can remember, nothing like this has happened in Negril at one of the better restaurants on the beach road.  It happened at 8 p.m. the other night right inside the restaurant while people were dining.  It's always crowded on the street at that time of night too.  http://www.loopjamaica.com/content/ex-cop-ninth-murder-victim-westmoreland-week

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - oldtimer - 03-02-2019

Wow !!! That is one place that I eat at .

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - Westenders - 03-02-2019

Seems it was planned

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - Firemon - 03-02-2019

Police officers are needed for all kinds are duties in communities.  I think we're asking too much of them to manage the gun violence all by themselves when the military sits idle and is better equipped to deal with such violence.   Besides, the police officers become targets.  Nine shootings in one week sounds like war and policemen aren't annonymous soldiers.  

How about a tank patrolling the beach with "One Love" spray-painted on the barrel?   

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - Tim - 03-02-2019

9th murder this WEEK?? Yikes. 

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - Aquavit - 03-02-2019

Yeah...pretty shocking. I can't ever remember something like this happening in a tourist restaurant in Negril. Pretty fucking bold.

9th murder THIS WEEK. While I was there this season, I think the third week in January there were 3 shootings in that week, one of which was a few doors south of my yard.

Interestingly enough when I first arrived in November there was an actual military presence in the surrounding areas of Negril (we saw army in Brighton). There was also a decent police presence throughout the months I was there.

This darkness got to give.

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - Aquavit - 03-02-2019

Just to be clear, in case anyone missed it...this was the 9th murder this week in WESTMORELAND....not in Negril.

My friends - residents and stakeholders in Negril have been crying out for military presence IN Negril for the past 5 years. I think the government is afraid it will scare tourists off.

While these incidents are targeted "assassinations" and none involve tourists, this incident at Keneys is way too close for comfort by any stretch of the imagination. I've managed to live my entire life without actually seeing a shooting - I can't even imagine being on vacation, a tropical "relaxing" vacation no less, eating at a popular tourist spot and having this happen.

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - oldtimer - 03-02-2019

nether can the tourists having dinner that will never return to Jamaica or never leave the resort . I travel by cab from supper time on . For expat's or long returning visitors it's just when . One wingding is all it takes PRISON IS NOT a detourant (sp)

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - Sharleen - 03-02-2019

The night before I left a man from Delaware USA was killed in Sheffield - again, sounds like a targeted attack. This kind of creeped me out because I was right in the vicinity that night.   I gave definite "more care" this time in Jamaica, except one time I went to the Luciano show at Seastar and missed the last van out of the place around 1:00 a.m. & couldn't find the person I went with.  I (very) quickly ran down Seastar Lane & then a taximan stopped - he was alone and I wouldn't get in his car.  He was very nice & understood my reluctance to get in & said he would go and find some other females on the road and come back for me, which he quickly did find two ladies looking for a route taxi.  At this time I was staying at the Treehouse so it was pretty far from Seastar Lane. I usually always have a phone with me to contact a driver I know, but Digicel had no SIM card. The west end road creeps me out after 9 p.m. or so, though I did feel comfortable walking from Catcha Falling Star to LTU in the darkness.  But this is totally unheard of... an attack in a restaurant like that !! at 8 p.m. !! with so many people out and about right in that location !  Someone who owns a cottage right near there totally flipped out, she heard eight gunshots and lots of screams right after.  She is long time, long staying person.  I am sure eventually reports on tripadvisor will surface of people who were at the restaurant.  http://www.loopjamaica.com/content/american-citizen-shot-dead-westmoreland

RE: unheard of ! shooting at Keney's Chinese Restaurant - beach rd - oldtimer - 03-03-2019

In order to do this the shooters are probably not from Negril or area or some one would at the very least regonice them . This is how the possee works . Three or four shooters , getting every one confused and scared shitless and getting the job done...what ever that job was . Who got shot , a local or a stranger to Negril ?? If you were a witness would you say anything ? NOT ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!