The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Concert Problems - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Concert Problems (/showthread.php?tid=102370)

Concert Problems - Firemon - 02-16-2019

So I was checking for any new uploads of Kymani's appearance at Roots Bamboo when this story came up on search.

I tried to watch/listen but after two minutes hadn't learned anything and hated the reporter's style and he was talking about dancehall in Trinidad and not about Kymani so I just read the comments which told an interesting story where a Kymani non-appearance in Maui was being blamed on their unscrupulous manager so not their fault.   Smile

(Upon further review the video begins discussing Kymani at the 4 minute mark.)

We went there under a contract. We were told by the manager that he did not receive the balance for the show. Now we have contracts in place to protect 14 ppl that travel and have to be paid. But the promoters actually paid the manager in cash and we never knew and the night of the show tried to get an extra 7k also to no ones knowledge. We came to show vibes and have fun in maui but it is a business. Thats why we put on a free concert the next day with the promoters. We were treated with the upmost respect from the promoters and it was an unfortunate situation that the manager choice to screw kymani the promoters and the people of maui
One connection we will be posting the official statement from the promoters of the maui show to clarify everything

Sounds pretty bogus although a The-Marley's-can-do-no-wrong fan voiced support.

Well as we all know it’s been going on for quite some time with artists and management in the music industry ,he didn’t know about it so he can’t be responsible for something that he didn’t know about ,his manager lied so his manager is the one who is responsible his name is mud ,and nobody can’t tarnish the Marley’s name the Marley’s name Is very well protected forever ,ever ,and ever...

I find it hard to believe a Hawaiian promoter wouldn't have the band under contract (hence re-negotiation story is bogus) and being paid in cash doesn't make much sense for either party since the promoter wants expenses documented for taxes and the performers would have to declare the money, etc. when they fly possibly risking confiscation. I mean seriously?

Anyway, just for the fun of it I continued reading the comments when I found this gem which had nothing to do with the controversy but oh my was it controversial:

[/url]Malcolm Maino [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMFdBiRmbc8&lc=UgwGmZ2yP3f2l0QpmiJ4AaABAg]1 day ago  

Y'all must understand Bob Marley's father is Caucasian. In the Bible Numbers chapter 1 verse 18: tells us you are who Your father is. Kymani and his brothers are considered Caucasians with a tan. They are not the same as us with Black father's. You aren't black because of your mother. Point. He is not Our People. They come from a people who are indeed Our enemies.

One Love Everybody!

RE: Concert Problems - kylake - 02-16-2019

I saw this one last week where Kymani is putting all the blame on Victor. One person on the message board where I first saw this said Victor Lewis was a bad person and has been for a  long time. Myself I had never even hear of Victor Lewis before.
I know in the Nashville unless it has been changed the first people to be paid are the stage hands that setup and remove the stage (union rule)

RE: Concert Problems - Firemon - 02-16-2019

Victor Lewis was the manager for Third World and they play big time venues.   Kinda doubt he's pulling shenanigans rouge. 

RE: Concert Problems - kylake - 02-16-2019

Firemon, that I didn't know. I wonder what or who the real culprit is?

RE: Concert Problems - oldtimer - 02-17-2019

lazy performers that are bend out of shape .