The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
House of Marley - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: House of Marley (/showthread.php?tid=102320)

House of Marley - Firemon - 01-01-2019

Not sure if a new turntable is going to make my records sound any better but it's going to put a smile on my face listening to the Wailers on a Marley Stir-It-Up model made out of bamboo.   Fed Ex tracking indicates it arrived in St. Paul on NY Eve so soon come. Smile

https://www.thehouseofmarley.com/turntable.html

RE: House of Marley - IJ - 01-01-2019

Looks nice. Let us know your thoughts when it arrives.

RE: House of Marley - oldtimer - 01-02-2019

That's going to bring you and loud music for the pup's to listen . It looks really nice . Good choice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: House of Marley - kylake - 01-02-2019

Yes, let us know how well it preforms and if you use the pre-amp function if it does a good job.

RE: House of Marley - Firemon - 01-02-2019

Arrived this morning.  Has just the right look for a Marley turntable with the bamboo and red, green and gold highlights on the 
dust cover and cartridge.  Christened it with an immediate playing of "Stir It Up."

I believe the pre-amp feature is for when you're using the turntable essentially all by itself with headphones, your computer or a Bluetooth speaker; whereas you turn the pre-amp feature off when connecting the turntable via RCA plugs to an amplified stereo system (or else you'll hear lots of distortion).  

[attachment=2764]

I have a few album sized Marley singles which are extended versions of his hits played at 45 rpm speed.  
That's "Kinky Reggae" on the platter in the photo and it's so hypnotic when the musicians just get to groove 
I nearly teleported myself to Kingston in '75 while listening.   Okay, the spliff might have helped.

On the downside it's essentially completely manual (no automatic shut-off) so when a record ends the stylus stays on the record 
making that annoying scratchy sound once per revolution until you come over and lift the tonearm off the record manually with a little lever.  Big drawback...err...bumbaclot...but one I'm going to reluctantly accept given my satisfaction with the overall packaging concept. 

Nonetheless my record collection has been reborn. 

RE: House of Marley - oldtimer - 01-02-2019

Is that a bear carving next to the turn table ? If so what did they use as a model. Maybe it's like the Jamaican giraffe's .
Oh yes the turn table looks great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: House of Marley - Firemon - 01-02-2019

That is indeed a bear holding the lamp shade.  Chainsaw art.   I have two such bears.  The other one depicts a bear on a tree stump
and it's my favorite.

There's a wood carved fish in the window that was procured in Negril from a beach vendor.

As for the turntable the difficulty I was having with it not stopping/shutting off appears to be limited to the 45-RPM extended play singles.
My guess is the grooves don't fill the platter or get close enough to the spindle for it to know it's done playing.   It shuts down (stops spinning) at the end of playing 33 RPM records--although the tonearm does not lift off the record leaving the stylus sitting on the record.
Bit odd, but not as problematic as previously feared.