The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Riu MoBay rape 9-27-18 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Riu MoBay rape 9-27-18 (/showthread.php?tid=102242)

Pages: 1 2

Riu MoBay rape 9-27-18 - JonTom - 10-02-2018

Raped in Jamaica: Detroit woman turns gun on attacker at 5-star hotel

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2018/10/02/detroit-women-raped-jamaica-shoot-attacker/1471684002/

Part of me wishes she'd shot him in the head.

RE: Riu MoBay rape 9-27-18 - Firemon - 10-04-2018

Not to mention the rapes that went unreported with most of the victims being Jamaican. 

RE: Riu MoBay rape 9-27-18 - kylake - 10-05-2018

RIU is big money. I bet they won't have a problem finding a lawyer to sue. Nothing will compensate for the assault but at least money will help them as a family.

RE: Riu MoBay rape 9-27-18 - Westenders - 10-06-2018

Where as I think this is awful what happened to these two ladies, I would question comments on other media sources about the Riu vetting procedure.
In the U.K. a hotel would not complete a DBS check for staff it recruited. This is our version of a police check. References would be sought, but this process can also be subjective and is limited to work performance.

So if you come to the UK know that hotel staff are not police checked at recruitment .

I think that the justice of the peace who is now under investigation is more to blame for providing a false reference for this creature and was outside of his professional parish boundaries. But the JP powers all over have long been abused , so this dosent surprise me.

There are a lot of rumours coming out of JA about this incident ,but I’m not investing in them as this perpetrator looks to have a history of vile acts against women.

I hope these ladies are able to get the help they need to heal from this horrific attack.

RE: Riu MoBay rape 9-27-18 - Firemon - 10-08-2018

Have you heard the Bobbyesque rhetoric?   Consensual threesome gone sideways.

RE: Riu MoBay rape 9-27-18 - Aquavit - 10-08-2018

"Have you heard the Bobbyesque rhetoric? Consensual threesome gone sideways."
That's disgusting. Considering what's happening here in the US to try to twist this thing into a "consensual encounter" is just disgusting. Victim-blaming and denying - how very DJT. Blech.

RE: Riu MoBay rape 9-27-18 - Sharleen - 10-08-2018

http://rjrnewsonline.com/local/american-woman-who-alleges-rape-at-jamaican-hotel-speaks-out

RE: Riu MoBay rape 9-27-18 - kylake - 10-13-2018

Blaming the victim seems to be becoming more popular than ever and also in the USA. Sad but true.

RE: Riu MoBay rape 9-27-18 - Westenders - 10-14-2018

It’s disgusting what is being said on social media

Given some of the discussions relate to reasons women travel to Jamaica , I would hope lone female travellers consider some of the judgemental feelings locals have and review their own personal safety

RE: Riu MoBay rape 9-27-18 - JonTom - 10-15-2018

The Gleaner ties this announced "intensive security audit of hotels" to the Riu rapes, though them minister doesn't explicitly say so (in the article, anyway).
I'm not sure what an audit would actually do (there are fines mentioned), but I guess some action/reaction is better than none?

Tourism Minister Orders Intensive Security Audit Of Hotels, Attractions

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news/20181014/tourism-minister-orders-intensive-security-audit-hotels-attractions