The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Jennifer from Lost Beach has passed away - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Jennifer from Lost Beach has passed away (/showthread.php?tid=102197)

Jennifer from Lost Beach has passed away - LostBeachBum - 08-12-2018

Hi everyone, long time no see. I've just learned that Jennifer Mullings has passed away earlier this week. She had been sick for many years but went down hill quickly over the last 2 weeks. Some of you might know her for homemade sauerkraut or other baked goods. She lived on the island for more than 40 years and at one time ran a place in Negril called Irie Vibes. She was a regular contributor to Jamaican Eats Magazine. I met her 14 years ago on my first solo trip to Jamaica when she was the general manager of Lost Beach Resort. Once the resort closed, she moved my old cabin up the beach to her property which I helped her renovate. We spent many months living together along with her Jamaican husband Sebert (Seabird). It's been a year since we've seen each other but I was fortunate to spend nearly 2 months with her last summer while I was working on my book. She had a passion for food and was an amazing cook, one of the best I've ever known. Her generosity was unmatched, constantly helping out members of the community financially, spiritually and physically. For years she would arrange a Christmas show at Lost Beach where she would give away donations from her friends in the US.

Her warm smile, gentle demeanor and love for animals is what I will remember most about her. Jennifer was like my 2nd mother, she was one of my best friends and closest confidants. The world lost a beautiful soul and I wanted to inform those of you who might have known her over the years because I know she's lived a quiet life for some time. She was cremated and had no wishes for a memorial service. Her favorite past time was to sit on her beach front porch in Broughton with a red label and occasionally a spliff. So lift up your glasses tonight and wish her Cool Runnings.

RE: Jennifer from Lost Beach has passed away - Westenders - 08-13-2018

I did not know this lady but am sorry for your loss

Your post was a very lovely testament

RE: Jennifer from Lost Beach has passed away - Firemon - 08-14-2018

Yes, nice remembrance.   

(In case anyone else is unfamiliar with Lost Beach I looked up Broughton on the map and it's a little west of Sav and a little south of Little London.)