The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
oct 17th weed will be legal... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: oct 17th weed will be legal... (/showthread.php?tid=102162)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: oct 17th weed will be legal... - Aquavit - 11-07-2018

I applaud legalization of Cannabis. Its a very stupid thing to have to go to jail for.

That said - even as a dyed in the wool liberal - the common thread among legalized states in the US is over-regulation and greed.

Its not enough to collect SOME tax. They have to collect HUGE tax and make the permitting process long, patronized and very expensive based on figures from 1987.

A pound of organically grown highest quality Cannabis in California is whole saled at less than $1,000 per pound. In 1987, it was easily sold for $6,000.00.

Sure - regulate pesticide use...regulate what goes into a tincture and edible. Keep product clean. But when the regulation is so outrageous that common soil compounds are on the list of no-go, even the dispensaries here go dry. That happened at the beginning of July and guess what? You didn't hear about it because California culture IS Cannabis and with a wink and a nod people got their Cannabis through either the back door or stores got it from - yes....the Black Market.

The only people who can afford a $25,000 permit to grow less than an acre of Cannabis are those that will cut corners in cultivation. They will push the envelope on pesticide use. They will use inferior seed and clone stock. They will sell it to the stores at less than $1,000 per pound and the stores will net $3,000.00 on crap.

Crap weed IN CALIFORNIA. Its embarrassing to those of us who have "grown up" in the culture. Who are proud for what used to be the best in the world.

My family is in the biz, obviously. He has been waiting on a permit inspection for a year. You see, in our county its "who you know" and though he knows many high up in the biz, he doesn't have those county relationships. With all the money being made from those who have paid for permits and the taxes collected from the legal outlets...there are only TWO land use inspectors in the entire county, a county which historically grows pot.

Money-wise, no surprise that the state and local government collected far less than what they expected to collect at the time Prop 64 was passed.

So...while I support that no one should ever have to be prosecuted for Cannabis I defy the powers that be for monetizing the crap out of it at the peril of quality and for pushing it to a hole underground that California hasn't seen prior to 1995.

RE: oct 17th weed will be legal... - HighPot - 12-16-2018

Can we actually grow marijuana legally after it is legalized? I didn't get this article https://cannasos.com/advice/legal/577cf629352254821c866652 quite right.

RE: oct 17th weed will be legal... - Tim - 12-16-2018

Pretty sure Canadians are now legally allowed to grow up to 4 plants.

RE: oct 17th weed will be legal... - oldtimer - 12-17-2018

Sure are !!!! I don't know why they say 4 plants . Anyone can get 1 1/2 lbs per plant and I saw an allstar " crawler " this year that had 4 lbs on it . Grow what you need !!!!

RE: oct 17th weed will be legal... - Westenders - 12-17-2018

Well I just read some interesting news in today’s Gleaner who states that the U.K. is the biggest grower of medical marijuana, contributing 45% of the world total. In addition they are responsible for 70% of the world export market.

Well we keep this quiet lol, the article talks about U.K. hypocracy given our strict laws. Would have to agree with that summary.