The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Im back home.....!!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Im back home.....!!! (/showthread.php?tid=102143)

Pages: 1 2

Im back home.....!!! - MissJamaicaSoul - 05-16-2018

Jet lag....finally wearing off.. . time for a wee recap of my time in Jamaica.

This trip has been a very emotional one for me.My partners mum passed away in Jamaica  few weeks before i was due to travel.

I just really needed to get there as soon as possible.

I travelled over on American Airlines overnighting in Miami....which meant i landed in Mo bay by 12 ish lunchtime...instead of 4pm.
Immigration ..no probs .used self service kiosks.

Police and Army road blocks around Mo bay ....but again no probs...reached Negril by 2 30 pm.

The Wake and funeral were on the friday and saturday.....very moving and uplifting. hundreds of people turned out to pay their respects...(partner happy for me to write about my week).
A real celebration of a special lady who i first met about 16 years ago.
A very special family too!!
Couldnt tell you much about the beach this trip as i was staying innna yaad at Redground and out on bikes everyday....around all of my oldest friends.

Was up in Good Hope too visiting where i used to have a little shop and met up with a lovely family that i used to stay with.

Lots of late nights drinking ,cooking ,reasoning and also early mornings....just like i used to do years ago!!
Where else do you go for a rum and a chat at 6 am in the morning?

I cant drink white rum at all these days....just stick to Appleton....however i managed to sneak whisky and red wine in my case on the way over to JA!!

Curried crab inna yaad.nice suprise as someone overheard me talk about it and disappeared to come back with live crab 20 minutes later..lobster.. ..snapper....akee saltfish coco bread.....mmm!

Same group of us ....back down to Little bay again on bikes and cars...for a whole day cookout and party...the view is perfect ....and a great spot for sunworshippers too....

We took the Sheffield road there as the far Westend road too bumpy!

This trip was over far too soon...lots of tears....happy to re connect with some very special people from a long time ago.

We had a party very early the day before i left.....then headed to Mo Bay for an overnight stay.....lots of stops on the way.....as there was no hurry to get there.

Out for dinner and drinks in Mobay....Chinese in St James just near kfc.....then chilled out at the hotel.

I wont name the hotel at the minute.....i had a terrifying experience there....we were asleep when some lunatic tried to kick down our door....shouting screaming.....scary stuff as you never know if someone has a weapon.....and actually no one knew that we were overnighting in Mo Bay.

I think that someone thought i was a lone woman.....and thought that they could get into the room to rob me.

Anyway as soon as they heard my partners voice.....they said they were security.....we knew they were not!
Was glad to leave the place in the morn!

A last jamaican breakfast and i was on my way home.....what a journey.

Mobay to Miami.Miami to Dallas!!!!Dallas to London.London to Scotland!!!!I slept for 12. 5 hrs then some more when i got home!!!
Super cheap price....!!!
Im ready for my next flight....in 3 months time.

MissJamaicaSoulx

RE: Im back home.....!!! - Firemon - 05-16-2018

I believe it's safe to say your vacation experience was probably one of the most authentic completely immersed visits of all who traveled to the island during that period.   

It's also safe to say I'm glad I don't have to make that many connections to get there and back.  

Word association: Scotia Bank...Scotland...MissJamaicaSoul.  (Sorry, that's just how my mind works.) 

RE: Im back home.....!!! - Tammy - 05-16-2018

Glad to hear you had a great time. I had a similar experience staying in Mobay, scary.

RE: Im back home.....!!! - wendy - 05-16-2018

Condolences to u and FAM. 
Always great to head home and reconnect ....

RE: Im back home.....!!! - oldtimer - 05-16-2018

Wow !!! glad you made it .

RE: Im back home.....!!! - Westenders - 05-16-2018

Sounds like you had a great time touching base with everyone even with the sadness,

Your adventures very much like ours and oh gees you take a long route to get there... that would kill me lol

Situation in Mobay sounds horrific and glad your both safe... hope you consider sharing the name of the place so it can be avoided

RE: Im back home.....!!! - MissJamaicaSoul - 05-16-2018

Thanks for your condolences and all your replies.

Firemon if you use Scotia bank in Jamaica....you will notice the voice prompts are a Scottish womans voice!!!lol!!!

Nothing can ever put me off coming to Jamaica....its safe to most of us have a few tales to tell!!I still like Mo bay too...just not there!
Tammy i hope this was not at the same hotel.....im in the process of being very "British"....complaining and wanting a refund....but will come back here re name .....i dont want anyone else to go through this experience....especially not a single woman traveller.

Clue ...its not the Gloriana or Tobys....hotels which i trust and have really enjoyed in the past.

I dont mind lots of stops re travelling as it cost me half of what i would have paid from Scotland/London straight to JA....and pays for the next ticket!!!

MissJamaicaSoulx

RE: Im back home.....!!! - MissJamaicaSoul - 06-10-2018

Sorry it has taken so long to reply rMontegoI 
am naming the hotel as they and the travel company are denying any responsibility .....i dont want anyone here to go through this experience.
Grandiosa hotel in Montego Bay.
We will be staying in our usual tried and tested hotels in Mo bay in future where they treat guests properly!!!

MissJamaicaSoulx

RE: Im back home.....!!! - MissJamaicaSoul - 06-10-2018

Sorry typing too fast on a small key board!!!

MissJamaicaSoulx

RE: Im back home.....!!! - MissJamaicaSoul - 06-21-2018

Further update re hotel.

The website that I booked with were really angry and apologetic about what happened to us and that the hotel would not refund my money.....the website have credited me 75 US dollars today!!!!
Success!!!

MissJamaicaSoulx