The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
white speed boats and baby lobsters... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: white speed boats and baby lobsters... (/showthread.php?tid=102104)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: white speed boats and baby lobsters... - wendy - 03-30-2018

Are the small boats coming from that new water sports place ? Looks nice, large thatch roof and decking ... didn't see too much activity whenever driving by though

RE: white speed boats and baby lobsters... - Westenders - 03-30-2018

Couple of posters are saying they are from the Royalton. Well we have stayed there twice in the last six months for two weeks each time. The only motor boats moored there are for the scuba diving and the boat that has big red attached to it. Both driven by Jamaicans not tourists... they are stationary more than moving for lack of custom....and you know Jamaicans can’t afford to raz them around for nothing...

Unless they have appeared since new year then I can say for sure the Royalton is not renting them out.

Guests can take out non motorised vessels.

Glad OT can confirm that photo is not the same boat as it has been touted on other forums as accurate.

Be interesting to hear what the truth is

And firemon.... lol very funny

RE: white speed boats and baby lobsters... - Aquavit - 04-04-2018

I was there from November-February and I never saw these white (or any color) recreational speed boats...but I was only at the beach maybe once every 2 weeks or so. I did see more Marine Patrol boats than in the past. Nothing (aside from Marine Patrol) going by our yard deep west end.

RE: white speed boats and baby lobsters... - kylake - 04-06-2018

I saw the 3 white boats almost daily (and more than once a day) for a month. They were all white outboards with a spoiler on the back and always ran as a group. They would come out of Bloody Bay area and run past Rutland Point toward Sensatori and if they went further I don't know as I was not watching that carefully. Return trip was back toward BB.
I figured they were basically taking the place of jet skis that are banned. There would be two people riding, an assumption of mine was they were letting the tourist drive but had a boat pilot/monitor that could take over quickly if needed.
At least they stayed further out than the jet skis (from what I saw) and were not as noisy because of the distance out from the beach.
Anyone that says they are not there or not small speedboats doesn't know what they are talking about or is outright lying.

RE: white speed boats and baby lobsters... - Firemon - 04-06-2018

Jamaica Jeopardy: And the answer is...Outright Lying!

RE: white speed boats and baby lobsters... - kylake - 04-09-2018

These look like the boats and this is from the Royalton page on tripadvisor. I only saw 3 at a time running but someone on the Negril TA page said they saw 5 and in this picture there are exactly 5.
[attachment=2697]

RE: white speed boats and baby lobsters... - shipmaster - 04-09-2018

They are little 13' outboards. Motors look like 40s.

My son says he's not seen then come in close

The fishing boat picture is non sequitur (makes no sense)

C/S

Quote: shipmaster wrote: The fishing boat picture is non sequitur (makes no sense)
Huh, I don't see a fishing boat in the picture I posted. A 40 hp on a small boat can make it go pretty fast. Basically just like I assumed in the beginning they are taking the place of jet skis since those are banned but doing the same, offering tourist a fast ride moderately close to shore and from what some are saying too close sometimes.

RE: white speed boats and baby lobsters... - shipmaster - 04-09-2018

(04-09-2018, 05:12 PM)kylake Wrote:  
Quote: shipmaster wrote: The fishing boat picture is non sequitur (makes no sense)
Huh, I don't see a fishing boat in the picture I posted. A 40 hp on a small boat can make it go pretty fast. Basically just like I assumed in the beginning they are taking the place of jet skis since those are banned but doing the same, offering tourist a fast ride moderately close to shore and from what some are saying too close sometimes.

Was referring to the picture post on Rob's board.

This is a tempest in a teapot

They don't even come close to swimming area and from Linston's observation they operate in a way consistent with the Navigation Rules

S/C

Cap, I don't go to Bobby's board "at all" so I had no idea what you were referring to. Sounds like your son is now working on the beach or at a hotel. I assume he is no longer driving a taxi? Good for Linston!
From what I personally saw they are navigating outside the normal swimming area but I did see them closely blow by some people on paddle boards and kayaks making it rough on those folks. Plus I have read other reports with people reporting closer encounters to the swim area.
I, like someone else on the TA board, didn't see any registration markings?? That would be illegal in itself wouldn't it??