The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
white speed boats and baby lobsters... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: white speed boats and baby lobsters... (/showthread.php?tid=102104)

Pages: 1 2 3

white speed boats and baby lobsters... - oldtimer - 03-29-2018

I just checked Bobby's world and noticed a post about white speed boats . He says maybe not. YES !!!!!! they are there . I saw them a few times while visiting Grand Pineapple and Bar-B-barn . I have never seen them as far up as Treehouse . I've asked several locals and they don't know where they are from either . Looked at 2 fisherman catches . 30 or more undersize lobsters !!! conchs as well and the season is closed . I think that the undesize were being sold to an unnamed resort for salads .Where are the officers ???? no one gives a crap I would say . The lobster guy on the beach has all legal size !!!! and no conch .

RE: white speed boats and baby lobsters... - Westenders - 03-29-2018

Yes that post about the boats is on tripadvisor as well.
With one poster (‘professional expert on negril’) doubting their report, even though it’s backed up by another poster.

Glad you confirmed they are there OT, lord knows what that’s all about!!?

The lobster season is breached a lot imo.. I have seen it sold on my many May visits, especially over on booby cay where it is more undercover and limited but still being sold.

It’s supply and demand...how many tourists probably don’t have a clue .... I didn’t for a long time,

RE: white speed boats and baby lobsters... - Sharleen - 03-29-2018

this is what it said on trip advisor, when I was there in Jamaica I didn't see them, though there was a big yacht off of the beach.  https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147313-i70-k11406853-o10-White_Rental_speed_boats_not_so_good-Negril_Westmoreland_Parish_Jamaica.html

RE: white speed boats and baby lobsters... - Westenders - 03-29-2018

Well as usual there seems to be a battle developing on the other boards with fake news allegations, defamation allegations , denial, one upmanship

But hay ho it’s negril, capital of casual....petty it doesn’t extend to the WWW.

Oh well off to watch the real housewives of OC, where at least this middle aged crew argue face to face lol

RE: white speed boats and baby lobsters... - JonTom - 03-29-2018

OT's "white speed boats" didn't really click until I read the TA reports... now, I'm pretty sure I saw them a few times last week.

I recall being on Bloody Bay  - between the Office Of Nature place and the SATP beach and seeing 3 boats in a row going along the shore, fairly early AM. I thought it was odd and at 1st saw them as ski boats that some resorts there use, but they were smaller and more-or-less following each other. All-in-all it just didn't make sense, so I shrugged and gazed elsewhere.

RE: white speed boats and baby lobsters... - shipmaster - 03-29-2018

Where have they been seen?

C/S

[attachment=2690]

They have been seen in Bloody Bay too but not reported to be going fast there.

RE: white speed boats and baby lobsters... - Firemon - 03-30-2018

Bobby: "It's NOT a speed boat it's a moderately-fast boat."

RE: white speed boats and baby lobsters... - oldtimer - 03-30-2018

That pic Sharleen put up is not what they look like . They were travelling one behind the other and are plain as Jane white .They appeared to be a one man craft 12ft long. They weren't doing things other than going in a straight line , one behind the other. Of the few times I've seen them they were going east never west ???? I don't know where people get on the cats either . They arrive at M'ville loaded to the gunnels from the westend and then head to the big resorts towards the east . I was talking to Mynra ( lady with the floppy hat ) walking a million mile an hour ,she owns the Red Stripe cat and she told me it was her best season ever .She said that the tourists want to feel safe and on the boats they do .Land tours are at an all time low .