The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
kidnapping dogs ?? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: kidnapping dogs ?? (/showthread.php?tid=102064)

kidnapping dogs ?? - Sharleen - 02-16-2018

http://jamaica-star.com/article/news/20180216/man-pays-100000-get-back-dog

RE: kidnapping dogs ?? - Sharleen - 02-16-2018

http://jamaica-star.com/article/news/20180216/man-pays-100000-get-back-dog

RE: kidnapping dogs ?? - Firemon - 02-16-2018

Sounds to me like the dog got loose and wandered off and got lost.  Then a reward offered for a lost dog coupled with a newspaper story resulted in a man being reunited with his dog.   No dognapping.  No ransom demand.   Get your facts straight. 

RE: kidnapping dogs ?? - Sharleen - 02-16-2018

I didn't explain my post -- now ex-pats as well as Jamaicans who love their dogs are thinking that possibly this might lead to kidnapping of their dogs.  For sure it sounds like Steve's dog just wandered off and was taken by someone who liked her or something. I didn't mean to implicate that the dog was "kidnapped".  But the dog would probably not have been returned without a reward.  Another continuing saga -- many are experiencing their pets being poisoned also, more so than ever before.      

RE: kidnapping dogs ?? - Sharleen - 02-17-2018

For Firemon re: my comment:

happens to Jamaicans also. My friend’s dog disappeared from his yard even with being tied up. The poor dog was never seen again ?

-------------------------
Steve should have never offered that high of an amount. That in itself will initiate more dog kidnappings.
Dognapping now and extortion to boot. The criminals have the upper hand here. Very sad. My dog, a German Shepherd Puppy 4 months old was stolen from my yard when I was living in Mandeville 4 years ago. I never saw my dog again. If you love your pet please don't let them off leash or out of your sight. I am so happy that the gentleman got his dog back and I hope that this is not going to be a common trend for criminals to extort money and get away with it.
hirley Crooks It wont surprise me at all... the next person hears 1,000 usd reward for returning a dog oh yeah it will catch on...you can almost bet on that...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marie Rochester I hope that dog napping for reward / ransom does not catch on. But If it was my dog I would have offered a reward too.

RE: kidnapping dogs ?? - JonTom - 02-17-2018

(02-16-2018, 08:19 PM)Firemon Wrote:  Get your facts straight. 
time out? Perhaps a bit harsh, IMO.

On a different note. This weekend is the "Great Backyard Bird Count", so please report you bird counts, if you can.