The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
a question for all .... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: a question for all .... (/showthread.php?tid=102055)

Pages: 1 2

RE: a question for all .... - oldtimer - 02-09-2018

After JTL quoted me $600US..that's correct $600 on a return to the airport I reached out to Linston via Shipmaster . He didn't have what was needed so I choice Rocky's ( because of a user from this board ) . Both those people advertise there . I believe that 99% of the posters there are wonderful people sharing their views . In my mind ,until he apologises to Jenny I have no respect for him at all but I don't think that way about 99% of the rest of the board . I have the upper hand on him because he has no idea who I am .Why it gives me the upper hand I'm not sure...hehehe

RE: a question for all .... - kylake - 02-09-2018

I don't like the way that board is run and simply don't patronize the board. If you go to the board and or click any ads that is what gives the business connection to the board specifically.

I use what I get a fair price and good service from and will not stop going to Ragabones aka Red Dragon or 3 Dives simply because he webcasts from those locations. I will just make sure I don't go when he is there.

As far as transfer services I have used Clives, Rocky, Treasure beach tours and Linston but not because they do or don't advertise on the utter board. I actually don't know who does or doesn't advertise there since I don't go  there (for a couple or few years now) even to read as that is what supports that board (traffic and clicks which are counted).

RE: a question for all .... - Sharleen - 03-03-2018

That board seems to be dying a natural death, so many amounts of very active facebook pages dedicated to Negril with people posting daily.  (and Yes, I am a 'kicked out' person... my offense, I posted a link to a Buju article when he first got in trouble)..  anyway, I never thought of boycotting a business that he advertises, most of the places I support I supported long before there was a n.com place.  You should check out some of the facebook pages:  travel2negril, whaagwan negril, capital of casual, 

RE: a question for all .... - Aquavit - 03-10-2018

That board made Red Dragon a "thing"...I now will never go there on a Monday when all the boardie tourists are there. I loved dropping in on Ragabonnes any ol' time and hanging with the locals. Still try to make it up there when I can but never on a Monday!

RE: a question for all .... - Jenny - 03-13-2018

Oh, my goodness! I haven't been on the board in ages, come on & find this thread! Hi, everyone, especially you, OldTimer! How are you?! I haven't been to Negril since when I took my mother to the South Coast & Negril in December 2010/January 2011. Then, in 7/2011, I was diagnosed w/ breast cancer & underwent 29 chemotherapy treatments & 5 surgeries over the next year. I returned to work for the school year in 8/2012 & finally retired at the end of this past school year. Coming back here has been "on my list"!! Also on the list is a return trip to Negril, likely this coming November. As far as where I stay & go, I expect to return to Moonlight Villa on the cliffs to stay with Debbie & the dogs, and go to the usual places to eat, Chicken Lavish, Sips 'n' Bites, Jenny's, PeeWee's, LTU, Just Natural, Xtabi, Montana's, the Natural Foods place that sells the great whole-wheat patties past the roundabout, many others &, of course, the Shamrock for the delicious fresh-squeezed orange juice. I've missed all of you & promise to keep up to speed w/ you all!

RE: a question for all .... - JonTom - 03-14-2018

Welcome back Jenny! and congratulations on getting through the cancer treatment - that sounds very rough.
(congrats on retiring too - that sounds not as rough Smile ).

Sounds like you deserve a trip to Negril. Enjoy it (I think OT is there now).

RE: a question for all .... - Jenny - 03-14-2018

Thank you, JonTom! Yes, I thought from reading some other threads that OldTimer is there as we speak! Gosh, I would really LOVE to meet him in person someday!!! And meeting him in Negril would be the icing on the cake. I'm now nearly 7 years out from the cancer dx & nearly 6 years out from the final treatment & surgery. That really was one heckuva year. I give extreme thanks that I had hormone-receptor-positive cancer ("triple-positive"), & so could benefit from the extensive amount of research & chemo treatment protocol that's been developed for that, ala the Komen Foundation. I'm at a point where I can more-or-less view what happened as a "blip" in my life. The retirement thingy is pretty great, although I've yet to "settle into my groove" on it in the 10 months I've moved to this lifestyle. As an only child of 93 & 91 year-old parents, I'm pretty busy. Although I will say that their intellects are very good, they need some physical help. However, they still live independently, with their Russian Blue kitty, Stacia! Have a grandson (nearly 4) & a granddaughter (nearly 1) now too. So very busy. I need to "Book, Pack & Go"!!!!! As Smith used to say.....speaking of, anybody seen Smith lately??