The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
a question for all .... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: a question for all .... (/showthread.php?tid=102055)

Pages: 1 2

a question for all .... - Oldtimer2 - 02-07-2018

If we are barred from Bobby's board are we suppose to support their sponcers ? Just wondering not judging . I wonder if his sponcers know that a whole wack of people are banned from using his site or does it matter .

RE: a question for all .... - Yooper - 02-07-2018

I am not barred from that board but don't spend 30 minutes in a year over there either. 
I will absoulutly not spend any of my hard earned vacation money feeding him, and I go out of my way to not patronize any of the businesses that advertise there.
Little back ground... 
I've been to Negril 18 times in the last 12 years or so, and stay for anywhere between 12 and 17 days each trip depending on my work schedule. So I am no expert on everything Negril but have been around a bit, and have been lurking on this site for many years but don't post much because I call it the way I see it - no candy coating with me - and have been beat up in the past and will probably get tomato'ed on this topic as well. 
I also don't have the very best memory in town, but I do remember the ambulance topic , and the lies about the ambulance that was in perfect working order and ready on a moments notice, when in fact it either hit a tree or rolled over? on the west end road, it was out of commission for many months...
I also remember the sweet little old lady that lost her beloved little dog and was looking for a some compassion from a few fellow board members. That ignorant @*$*#l/ went up one side of her and down the other. Described in one word? Bully.
And she's not the only one he has been rude to.

So. No I do not, and will not support sponsors on that site. 
I have also been vocal with the many different hotel and villa owners where I've stayed in the past, explaining to them that several things effect my decision to stay at a particular property, and the fact that they DO NOT advertise on that site is a big factor.
I've been told in the past that he does not own the board. The local chamber of commerce owns the board. Personally I don't need the details. He is benefitting from those advertising dollars and if a particular hotel, restaurant or car rental decides to support him in anyway, I don't need their services.
I've also been told that he is considered a kind of a necessary evil. 
Well part of that statement is correct, but he is not necessary.

Jamaica is a developing country, and it seems there are not a tremondous amount of employment opportunity's. 
It is my opinion that he is taking a job away from somebody that was born and raised in their very own country!
You can't tell me that there is not one Jamaican born citizen that can't turn on a camera and drink free beer, sell a little advertising and plug in a wifi router. No sah.

I plan on continuing to spend my vacation time in Negril, however if more and more businesses jump on that band wagon, I will take holiday to Port Antonio or Treasure Beach, Ocho's etc.

RE: a question for all .... - Oldtimer2 - 02-08-2018

Nailed it !!!. About the dog His name was Corky and that wonderful , kind hearted saint of a person's name is Jenny ,reffered to here as Our Jenny !!!! This is very touchy to me and I'm not anywhere near over it . Thanks for the time to write a reply .

RE: a question for all .... - Firemon - 02-08-2018

Bookface post:
Jessica Joy Nark
February 6 at 4:10pm

Negril needs to do better !! I just watched a friend suffer for at least 50mins after a accident . The fire truck came .. a half hour after the accident & the ambulance 50minutes later! I pray my friend Singy is ok and the little youth !
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bobby is the Sarah Huckabee Sanders of Negril.  

RE: a question for all .... - Oldtimer2 - 02-08-2018

I wonder why that is ??
They don't care . You could carry a stretch from the round-a-bout to the lighthouse or to hedo in that time .
I've always said that the resorts should have the required staff and training and equipment to help the community.$20/week for every visitor to Negril ( we are talking about Negril) That is tens of thousands of $'s to go toward the cause .TriCounty Services in Nova Scotia is one of the biggest ambulances people on the globe . I called them one time and they said that for $500,000. they could provide one of the best ambulances on the planet. Not much if spread out over every room in Negril .Conservedly speaking there are 6000 rooms in/around multiply that by 20 and then multiply that by 52 there is more than enough for proper healh care there . But their not going to build a hospital. Is it easy " no " is the money there YES !!!!!!!

RE: a question for all .... - Flintstone - 02-08-2018

Clap Clap Clap... Yooper you nailed it,
 I ve not been barred  there as I have never joined,  Too much B.S. for me. It is entertaining to read for a laugh now and again. Some people try soo hard to break the barriers and keep it real and over and over they get squashed by the leader and his minions. I had to laugh when my friends in Negril were telling me how wet it was this year (late Dec and early Jan. ) then someone on that site posted similar news and almost instantly they were contradicted as if their experience was false. LOL Weather Deniers
Fake Weather!! Very hard to respect people that deny if it rained that day or not. There certainly is room for improvement and Yes there has to be several Jamaican people that could do a better job.
Perhaps the perspective of a Local  would be more accurate especially when local crimes or accidents
or protests due to a power line killing someone or states of emergency are declared maybe these issues could be  discussed and not downplayed and dismissed.

RE: a question for all .... - Westenders - 02-08-2018

I wasn't barred, but I did ask him to delete my membership, and he emailed me saying ' just don't post'
I guess he counts all members....keeps them numbers bumped up for the officials.

For me, I'm not sure who are sponsors of the site, but I don't go to the places that are favoured on that site by the boardies....

I only have a quick look on there if something particularly controversial is in the news. I find it funny how he quotes libel laws to close people's opinions down...I mean please, libel on the World Wide Web with all the bs that goes on that and social media...and in Jamaica..who is going to prosecute.....where you can get murdered and the powers that be can't get a conviction in a sandstorm....

I have noted that less and less of the old regulars post....and any dissenting view is still met with rude, disdainful responses.....I've never met a white guy from foreign who thinks he is more Jamaican and knows more about Jamaica than the born and bred Jamaicans in Jamaica ...! 

So in answer to your question OT, I wouldn't patronise somewhere because he promotes it..but in all truth I never run in to them or any of these boardies....even when we stayed at rooms negril for years.

Yooper, it's not that crazy on this board...people pretty much say what they feel....I wish it was busier on here too.

We UK travellers are not that present on his board either.....

The young uns are all vlogging now about their travels to negril and Jamaica....with tens of thousands of views for each post....that is the future...his board is getting old....!!

RE: a question for all .... - JonTom - 02-08-2018

(02-08-2018, 05:53 PM)Westenders Wrote:  So in answer to your question OT, I wouldn't patronise somewhere because he promotes it..but in all truth I never run in to them or any of these boardies....even when we stayed at rooms negril for years.
I thought OT's question was "If you are barred from Bobby's board, do you  support their sponsor" ? (as opposed to not patronizing some business because his site promotes it).

I don't think I've been barred/banned from that board; don't think I ever joined. I suppose if I visited that board and saw a sponsor, it might, maybe, influence me NOT to use their services if I was looking for something.

Perhaps not fair, but I do dislike that site and can choose to vote with my $, as it were.

RE: a question for all .... - shipmaster - 02-08-2018

That has not been my experience on that board. We advertise there because it is one of the best venues to get our business noticed.

After 8 years I have yet to have a dispute with the moderator. But I don’t get into Negril “soap opera” or what is right or wrong to talk about.

That being said please understand that I really don’t like Negril that much and haven’t since 1977.

For 40 years it has been where we go to make the “yankee dollar” and go home to the hills

That site has helped build our business. That’s what we pay for.

If you don’t like the messenger than don’t use our service.

S/C

RE: a question for all .... - Yooper - 02-08-2018

When I go to that site, I click on the tabs across the top. Hotels, dining, bars & entertainment.
My dollars are not spent there. And it has been a positive thing for me. It has changed the way I spend my holiday. When its time to eat I get out and find small Mom & Pop type cook shops, I'm experiencing the culture. Sometimes its in Green Island or Lucea, sometimes the west end or Sav. 
When I'm on the beach and White Sands has a sign out that says 2 for 1   "I say lets go to Tonys Hut or the Boat Bar and get 2 for 2" !!
Unfortunately the sponsors of that site don't know that I and some others are boycotting them. Hopefully some of the Negril business owners follow this message board as well. 

I know complaints have made to the chamber of commerce about the way he rules the  forum, but he is a Bull chet artist, he's got the gift of gab, A sales man. He goes to the board in person and blows a bunch of smoke about - number of members and clicks per day ect, ect, and makes himself look like gods gift to the community.

As one little fish I know there is nothing I can do to knock him off his throne, but I feel good knowing that perhaps there are a few less beer's in his fridge because of me.