The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Somewhere West Jamaica - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Somewhere West Jamaica (/showthread.php?tid=102045)

Somewhere West Jamaica - kylake - 01-23-2018

This seems like an interesting place to visit when in Negril. Is anyone here familiar with it?
https://www.facebook.com/SomewhereWestNegril/

RE: Somewhere West Jamaica - Oldtimer2 - 01-23-2018

Lovely !!!! I love it !!!!

RE: Somewhere West Jamaica - kylake - 01-24-2018

I pinged them and they said they will do a one way driver if a person is doing dinner and drinks. It is deep west end just past Tingalayas Retreat. I think we will give it a go during our upcoming trip.

RE: Somewhere West Jamaica - kylake - 01-25-2018

They ask anyone wanting a dinner reservation to call beforehand. They are closed on Sundays but open all other days of the week. Their phone number for a free one way transport or to make a dinner reservation is 876-789-4309
The pool is available for customers but the waves crashing over the pool come and go with weather, tides, etc.

RE: Somewhere West Jamaica - ohliz - 01-25-2018

A friend stayed there recently and loved it. I haven't heard reviews of just the restaurant yet. 

Let us know how it is?

RE: Somewhere West Jamaica - Aquavit - 01-31-2018

Liz...you in particular would really like this place. Angie, the owner is a fellow New Yorker but that's just the beginning of it.

The property is beautiful...large salt water pool, shade, beautifully appointed - and that's just the grounds. I've only seen pix of the rooms/villa but it looks lovely as well.

They are all about specialty cocktails. Last week I enjoyed a few (hic) Soursop Martinis (vodka). Last month I treated myself to their lemon grass mojito. My friend raves about their Scotch Bonnet Margarita.

They also have a wide selection of infused vodkas they make in-house - passion fruit, cucumber, mango and pineapple.

Last week I tried their tacos - pork and fish. Delicious!

Their menu overall looks great, they have very interesting fusion dishes. They are also all about local ingredients and how to "play" with them...which I love because that's what I try to do in my own kitchen here in Negril.

So long and short - its a great place...enjoy!

RE: Somewhere West Jamaica - ohliz - 01-31-2018

I'll check it out next time!

RE: Somewhere West Jamaica - Sharleen - 02-01-2018

Nice video of their swimming pool !!!  Most of you know that you can't swim in the ocean way out in the deep west end, the currents are just too strong.  This place is lovely -- I had tried to book Tingalya's for my trip at the end of December & beginning of January but it was booked solid (in September too!)  I was already booked into other places by the time I found out about this place.  I do like to stay on the outskirts of Negril for the most part.  Though I did have a great time, (we stayed at Treehouse, then Catcha Falling Star, then Coco LaPalm).  

Here is the video of Somewhere West:

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=Somewhere%20West%20Jamaica