The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Cricket Cricket !! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Cricket Cricket !! (/showthread.php?tid=102044)

Cricket Cricket !! - Westenders - 01-21-2018

The silence on here regarding the state of emergency in St. James .....is a little odd given that it's blown the Internet up in the last few days..

Wondering what that's about?

RE: Cricket Cricket !! - JonTom - 01-21-2018

I thought this thread would be about Cricket the game. Which I rarely follow but will note when Las Mae does some cartoon on the woe-is-me Cricket fan at his Telly.

As for the St James S.O.E., I think Flintsone did wonder if it may affect their traffic on the way to Ochi. I hope that's all that happens for them.

This line from a Gleaner article today
" ... gangsters committing murders with high-powered weapons in the proximity of the Sangster International Airport ... "
caught my eye. Hadn't heard of that.

And I think an arriving tourist might be quite uncomfortable to hear high-powered weapons outside the airport. Me included.

RE: Cricket Cricket !! - Oldtimer2 - 01-21-2018

I was wondering that myself.

RE: Cricket Cricket !! - Westenders - 01-21-2018

Glad it wasn't just me OT ....lol

Jontom sorry for the confusion. But of an English joke.....when there is pure silence and all you can hear is the sound of crickets ( the insect)

I'm finding it very intriguing on the other boards and wider net how many people are reassuring worried tourists that all is safe....when it's likely none of these posters has experienced a state of emergency anywhere before....and hardly anyone will have experienced the pure badness, and fear people there are living in...and see how close this comes to them really.....
Things could get worse before the get better.....
No mention of the roadblocks on the bridge in negril and on the Sav road to prevent people running to other areas from st. J....

I can't understand how posters on other forums are giving advice on the impact of this on tourists on holiday in mobay and minimising it....when they have  little experience of what is going on and no experience of this process. Me included....hence no advice or reassurance from me.

But all in all, it's a good thing for the people them, ....

RE: Cricket Cricket !! - JonTom - 01-21-2018

Hi Westenders,
I understood the 'cricket' use, once I read the thread.

I haven't been to JA in a few months so nothing to add on the effects of the S.O.E. But I'm interested to hear what anyone on here who has been through there has to say about it.

RE: Cricket Cricket !! - JonTom - 01-22-2018

Everything is fine. Nothing to see here. Nothing to worry about. Move along ...

see? The president of JHTA MoBay chapter said so. It must be true.

"Montego Bay is the safest it has been in years. The security forces are professional and are not impeding the movement of either locals or foreigners,"

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lead-stories/20180122/hotelier-says-mobay-now-safest-years-bartlett-govt-action-not

Is anyone on here going through MoBay soon? I'd like to hear impressions.
I recall the 1st time I saw JDF w/ long guns in the street (M16s, I think) It was near downtown Sav. and was a bit of a shock. I think it may have been election time.

RE: Cricket Cricket !! - kylake - 01-24-2018

On Dr. O's page Ashton a driver posted a picture of a checkpoint on the way to Negril from the airport in MoBay. Looks like it was right at the Welcome to Hanover sign. He said allow an extra 15 minutes travel time.
edit update: Also stopped going to MoBay at Great River Bridge checkpoint.

RE: Cricket Cricket !! - Firemon - 01-24-2018

Traffic was backed up for several kilometers as police searched every vehicle leaving MoBay headed east for Sandy Springs (and Negril) on Saturday afternoon (@2 pm) Jan 20th.   More like a 1-2 hour delay than a mere 15 minutes.  (Heck, in Jamaica you can wait 15 minutes just for a vendor to make change.)  Bus driver taking me to the airport commented he wasn't looking forward to joining the long lineup on his return trip to Negril.  Overheard a few tourists at the airport talking about the gunshots they heard downtown.  Meanwhile others were oblivious to the situation.

What does any of this have to do with cricket?

RE: Cricket Cricket !! - ohliz - 01-25-2018

No Jamaica for me this year so haven't paid much attention. 

A friend who lives in MoBay says it's not a big deal...NOW that they are clamping down. It seems most people are relieved the govt is doing something about a longstanding problem.