The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
US warning Americans to "exercise increased caution" when travelling to JA - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: US warning Americans to "exercise increased caution" when travelling to JA (/showthread.php?tid=102035)

US warning Americans to "exercise increased caution" when travelling to JA - JonTom - 01-12-2018

US categorized Jamaica as "Level 2".

I'm guessing there will be some news made by lawmakers/tourism stakeholders, though I  don't think this was much of a change.

Interesting part about which areas US gov't personnel are prohibited from visiting.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/latestnews/Americans_warned_to_exercise_increased_caution_when_travelling_to_Jamaica_

RE: US warning Americans to "exercise increased caution" when travelling to JA - Westenders - 01-12-2018

Doesn't surprise me given the random, racist shithole comments coming from the idiot in the White House.

Where as level 2 is lower, what are the stats that underpin this statement.

Sexual assaults even in all inclusives?? Are there any AIs in the areas that are identified?? 

Sensationalist bs aimed at non white countries that are just coming out too much now.....

Sorry you US folk, but the rhetoric from the man at the top is beyond all logical comment now. 

Oh my days!!

RE: US warning Americans to "exercise increased caution" when travelling to JA - Passion4Diving - 01-16-2018

Canada has issued a similar warning:

https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/jamaica

Click on the safety and security button, too.

RE: US warning Americans to "exercise increased caution" when travelling to JA - Firemon - 01-22-2018

MoBay has been under a lock-down after a wild shootout on the hip strip.  Police were using roadblocks to search vehicles for guns.  On Saturday afternoon eastbound traffic leaving Mobay for (Sandy Springs) and Negril was backed up for several kilometers.   What a way to start your vacation.  

RE: US warning Americans to "exercise increased caution" when travelling to JA - shipmaster - 01-22-2018

Really?.... I was on the "hip strip" this afternoon....Maybe I missed it?

RE: US warning Americans to "exercise increased caution" when travelling to JA - Firemon - 01-27-2018

Midnight curfew in MoBay.

RE: US warning Americans to "exercise increased caution" when travelling to JA - kylake - 01-27-2018

Thanks Firemon for the update. A friend of mine (with his wife) is going to Jamaica for the first time and staying on north shore Rose Hall Iberostar. He will probably never get off the compound but I suggested Pier One as a place to visit. I do hope he gets outside of the gates but is already leery because of the S.O.E.

RE: US warning Americans to "exercise increased caution" when travelling to JA - Aquavit - 01-31-2018

Just a few facts and updates:

The SOE was implemented after a shooting in Flankers near the airport. As far as I know there was no shoot-out on the hip strip.

Leaving MoBay vehicles are being searched. And thoroughly searched. Not a big deal but can take extra time. My friend was out of the airport in 15 minutes and it took him 3 hours to get to Negril...this was the first day of the SOE so they might have things more streamlined now.

There is a 9:00pm curfew in MoBay, 11:00pm on the Hip Strip.

You might see a few military vehicles around but unless you are in the more "dubious" neighborhoods in MoBay you might not even notice. They are all over those neighborhoods trying to root out these asshole gang-bangers.

My friends in MoBay say they have never felt more safe.

All illegal taxis are off the road. Feel free to take a taxi. Feel free to leave your resort.

The SOE has now been extended to May 2nd.

Here in Negril you wouldn't even know this was going on in MoBay if you didn't read a newspaper or social media. There is a pronounced police presence here but not overwhelming...I did see a rather big road block on Thursday at the church corner with lots of vehicles being pulled over and being searched. My guess is they had some intel about something.