The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Ambergris Caye in April - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Ambergris Caye in April (/showthread.php?tid=102033)

Ambergris Caye in April - shipmaster - 01-10-2018

Wife’s family rented an upscale 3 bedroom at Pelican Reef villas. Most are the guys are all divers so that’s why they’re going. Last year they went to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. I don’t dive any more but I’m looking forward to the visit.
San Pedro looks to be more urban that Negril. We’re renting a golf cart to explore. And let the girls go "shopping"
Belize kriol is very close to Jamaican patios so I’ll be able to hear and speak like a “native”
Should be fun.

BTW Ganja is decriminalized. 7 grams and smoking in privacy is no problem

RE: Ambergris Caye in April - Oldtimer2 - 01-11-2018

just read about it . Looks really nice .

RE: Ambergris Caye in April - JonTom - 01-11-2018

(01-10-2018, 05:07 PM)shipmaster Wrote:  ...San Pedro looks to be more urban that Negril. We’re renting a golf cart to explore. ...
I'd say San Pedro is definitely more urban than Negril, and also quite a bit larger (though I admit not knowing when I was leaving San Pedro and just on Ambergris Caye - it went on forever, to me.).

For those who dive, the offshore sites are plentiful and in great shape, as of last year. (I had lionfish there, it was amazingly good!)

It sounds like a wonderful trip. Have a great time!

RE: Ambergris Caye in April - Sharleen - 01-12-2018

I have been looking into that area for quite a bit of years, mainly because it is fairly easy to bring your own automobile there and very easy to bring your dog with you (though in JA now & very recently, you can bring your dog).  There is a quite active message board that deals with Abergris Key which I will try and find and post, lots of good information on there.  There was quite a bit of attention focused there with all the drama regarding John McAfee...  A google search will bring up all of it.  I have been looking for a place where I can get out of the NY winters from November through the end of March & I will be looking forward to your impressions of Belize.

RE: Ambergris Caye in April - shipmaster - 01-12-2018

I will post a report after the trip. Not being a diver I'll have plenty time to explore the place. Even though we're staying at a resort I'm going to travel as a Jamaican resident. Speaking the language will help get a feeling for the Island

RE: Ambergris Caye in April - Tim - 01-21-2018

I have been to Belize twice, not that area but was in and around Placencia. Loved it there, and will be going back. But when it came to language, english seemed to be more common than anything else. More so than anywhere I have been in Jamaica.

RE: Ambergris Caye in April - shipmaster - 01-22-2018

What I see on Youtube...... there is a Belizean kriol (cree ole) that is spoken in the home and on the street. After listening to several videos it's very much like patois. I'll bet that it can be spoken in front of Americans and the visitor will not understand. Just the same as Jamaica