The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Holiday done - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Holiday done (/showthread.php?tid=101996)

Holiday done - MissJamaicaSoul - 12-11-2017

Holiday is over....can a week really have passed so quickly?!!!
Just a few wee thoughts  and stories about my time there.

Negril still a little quiet last week, however this week should see the season getting underway.
Weather appeared even hotter than this time last year......and I was bitten alive by the mossies....which never usually happens!!!!Lol!!!

Told you that I was not just staying around Negril....headed off Treasure Beach way where I still know a few familiar faces.Really chilled and laid back there.

I thought that I was past the motorbike stage.....however it appeared not and I was soon flying up through the hills to meet neighbours areas I used to live in around Negril.They could not quite believe it was me!!!lol!

Food......mmmn!!!My usual ...ackee ,saltfish,soup,Coco bread ,fish,chicken.....all tasting good.

Lots of sitting down with old friends reasoning...people watching......where else can you walk pon di road and know who will be sitting around the corner ready to resume that long chat from last year?
Where else can you wake up and go on the road at 2 am or later in the wee small hours just because?!!!

Highlight of my week was my last full day.10 of us took bikes and car down to Little Bay where we had a cook out.

Lots of sunbathing (me!)Fish freshly caught and roasted with herbs and spices cooked right down at the water,old school tunes playing,rum flowing......beautiful,simple and perfect!!!

Lovely family down there who allowed us to use part of their yard.

The storms started just as I was leaving on Friday....road to Mo Bay was iffy.and flooded in areas..took ages...nearly missed my flight!

Well after a 10 hr bumpy flight and then having to cross London by tube ,then trains up home.....i got home to -5c temp.!!!!!

Will I do it again??Yes in a heartbeat...I'm already looking for flights.
No matter what life throws at me....Jamaica truly is my happy place!!!!

MissJamaicaSoulx

RE: Holiday done - Oldtimer2 - 12-12-2017

sounds like " every likkle thing was doin' alright "

RE: Holiday done - MissJamaicaSoul - 12-13-2017

Yes could not have asked for a better week there.....now you get to go.....while the rest of us can only dream about a nice warm Christmas......and so it goes!!!!

MissJamaicaSoulx

RE: Holiday done - Firemon - 12-13-2017

"where else can you walk pon di road and know who will be sitting around the corner ready to resume that long chat from last year?"
 this resonates well.  
 thanks for sharing your experiences.   
 Jamaica is my happy place too.
 (any photos wink wink nudge nudge?)

RE: Holiday done - jitterbug - 12-14-2017

Holidays over, plan for the next. And so it goes

RE: Holiday done - kylake - 12-15-2017

MissJ, sounds like you had a wonderful trip and thanks for detailing! Any pictures would also be great if you have time.

RE: Holiday done - Firemon - 12-15-2017

I don't envy your lengthy 10-hr flight, etc.

My commute to Jamaica is almost embarrassingly easy since I live a mere 5 miles from the Mpls airport (bus/light rail); and Sun Country Airlines has direct flights to Mobay.  Ironically the flight time to Jamaica is 4:20...four hours and twenty minutes. 

I can't tell you how many times I've experienced 100-degree (F) temperature swings in one day.   It'll be 85 in Jamaica and -15 in Minnesota.  Always feels like I've changed Planets.

Earth

RE: Holiday done - MissJamaicaSoul - 12-16-2017

Kylake and Firemon,

Re attempting to post pics....I'm hopeless!!!!Must try harder!!!

Re flying time,I used to live in Sydney,Australia....a mere 26 hr flight from the UK(quickest flight),so any flight under that time is ok!Lol!!!!!
I really like overnighting in Miami or Orlando if I have time ..then just a wee short flight to Mo Bay!
I'm so cold here in Scotland ....at -1c......can only remember it being -15to -20c once here.....bottles /cans of soft drinks burst  out in the garage!!!!

This weather makes me want to get on the next plane back to JA.!!!!!

MissJamaicaSoulx

RE: Holiday done - kylake - 12-18-2017

MissJ, I am like you and am getting tired of frigid weather. Beth and I are seeking warmth more often in the cold of winter also.

No biggie if you cannot or don't have time to post pics. That said if you run into any problems when trying to post the on suggestion I have is don't try to upload a large file size. Use some software to reduce the file size. I know Jitters runs into above describe problem since she is only using a phone and doesn't reduce the file size. Is that correct Jitters?