The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Front Page News in NY Daily News (young girl murdered) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Front Page News in NY Daily News (young girl murdered) (/showthread.php?tid=101977)

Pages: 1 2

Front Page News in NY Daily News (young girl murdered) - Sharleen - 11-30-2017

It really really bothered me how the Jamaican press handled / reported on the death of this young woman..  I think most likely due to the huge international tourism summit being held this week.  I had been checking the NY newspapers for some kind of reporting & found none, so I contacted a reporting at that newspaper who reported on Queens, NY.  She was very interested in the story, the JA po po didn't want to make a statement of course.  Her parents are leaving for Jamaica tomorrow morning to try and bring her back home.  I think why this story effected me was because "this could have been me" "this could have been one of my friends" "this could have been one of my daughters".... one wrong decision to get into the wrong taxi or whatever.  Anyways, here is the story that the reporter in the NY Daily News wrote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/queens-woman-found-dead-throat-slashed-rural-jamaica-article-1.3668418

RE: Front Page News in NY Daily News (young girl murdered) - wendy - 11-30-2017

Oh my, tears....
Anchovy ? Right out of mobay which can also take u up over the hills to Negri ? Someone must have seen her at airport, get in with someone.....this is just heart wrenching ?

RE: Front Page News in NY Daily News (young girl murdered) - Sharleen - 12-01-2017

[attachment=2634]This is the Jamaican Tourist Board's worst nightmare, it's on the front page of the NY Daily News today

RE: Front Page News in NY Daily News (young girl murdered) - Westenders - 12-01-2017

I don't think they would even care. With close to 300 murders in st. James and counting....this poor young woman will get lost in all the other violence.

Just like the Canadian guy last year did.

Just like people we know over the years, killed and nothing in the press....

If they cared they would be putting pressure on the government now. 

We were in Negril for last New Years, by the time we came home late January there had been 9 murders in Negril. Plus a good friend of ours who died in Sav hospital of a totally treatable condition. 
Gets more depressing every time I go.

Facebook from some Jamaicans there to Jamaicans I know here is horrendous. Some of the images that people post of murdered people or those killed in accidents are indescribable. Very macabre attitude to those that have passed, and not much empathy shown to these people if you ask me. 'Ah so it go' is the mentality....I've even told my hubs friend not to share those images with me as I actually find them really distressing. They think I'm dramatic. That attitude says it all.

Jamaicans have become desensitised to it all I fear....maybe that's the only way to survive it all!!?

God bless this beautiful young woman and her family.

RE: Front Page News in NY Daily News (young girl murdered) - Westenders - 12-01-2017

Way to go Sharleen for getting a spotlight shone on this young women's killing. 

RE: Front Page News in NY Daily News (young girl murdered) - JonTom - 12-01-2017

Sharleen,

That's really impressive that you not only thought to contact the news organization, but actually made it happen.

At the very least it should get more notice for her family.

RE: Front Page News in NY Daily News (young girl murdered) - Westenders - 12-03-2017

Still nothing about this in the main Jamaican media outlets, and Tripadvisor have closed down a thread where someone had said prayers for the family.

Feels like it's being kept a lid on!

RE: Front Page News in NY Daily News (young girl murdered) - jamaicajeanne - 12-04-2017

Tripadvisor may have closed a thread about prayers (I did not see one) but there is still a thread running regarding recent violence in MoBay.

RE: Front Page News in NY Daily News (young girl murdered) - Firemon - 12-07-2017

RE: Front Page News in NY Daily News (young girl murdered) - Firemon - 12-07-2017