The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
horrid murder in Brighton (near Blue Hole) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: horrid murder in Brighton (near Blue Hole) (/showthread.php?tid=101970)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: horrid murder in Brighton (near Blue Hole) - MissJamaicaSoul - 11-27-2017

Really sad to hear this news.I always enjoyed visiting this area many times over the years...beautiful...unspoilt and used to visit Uncle Sam too on a day out .
He is very much in my thoughts too....he was a gentleman .

MissJamaicSoulx

RE: horrid murder in Brighton (near Blue Hole) - Aquavit - 11-28-2017

I had quite a few friends who lived in Little Bay and Homers Cove about 10 years ago. Not anymore, around that time things were really "hot" there and to this day I have little to no interest in going back there.

I have a friend who has a hostel in Brighton, so this news was indeed upsetting...and one of my friends knew the people murdered. We may never know why. This shit is happening all around Negril, the past week 8 women were murdered not to mention all the other men, older people and children...in MoBay, Sav, Little London area....this shit knows no geography, just violence and guns.

This darkness gotta give.

RE: horrid murder in Brighton (near Blue Hole) - JonTom - 11-28-2017

Sad to read of yet more horrible murders, but as others have noted, they seem to be everywhere.

I thought maybe CaptainD would comment on the "isolated area" aspect. I realize the circumstances are different (I think CaptainD has been at Zion Hill (on and off) for 20+ years, isn't a Swiss woman that married a Jamaican man, etc.), but I recall people have asked whether there are concerns about living in such a remote area.

RE: horrid murder in Brighton (near Blue Hole) - oldtimer - 11-28-2017

remote is not good . Crime seems to be following the crowd . Taxi at night . The question was asked before to the Capt but he asures the crowd that Zion Hill is bullet proof . I hope it is . He has owned that place for decades .

RE: horrid murder in Brighton (near Blue Hole) - JonTom - 11-28-2017

This is not aimed at CaptainD, but rather a general note that a  newspaper would say  (sort of, "Tuesday Talk" is more-or-less a gossip column, I gather they do this to avoid the libel laws, at times) that foreigners are being murdered for their land.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/social/20171128/tuesday-talk

"3. Someone needs to do an audit to determine how many foreigners who bought real estate in Negril have had to run for their lives or lost their lives defending their properties. Those with local knowledge say the numbers are stacking up".

I have no idea if numbers prove this, I just don't recall a JA newspaper coming anywhere close to saying such things.

RE: horrid murder in Brighton (near Blue Hole) - Firemon - 11-28-2017

A frail, elderly father yesterday gave evidence detailing how a St Ann woman, her husband and their three children cornered his mentally ill son inside a house in the parish and chopped him repeatedly until he died, before using a piece of rope to drag his body into the streets.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lead-stories/20171128/another-child-killed-st-james-murders-296

15-year-old Jahiem Dushard of a Glendevon address. According to residents, he was shot and killed as he slept in his bed.

Just last week, a mother and her 11-month-old baby were shot just down the road on Blood Lane,

Prior to Dushard's death yesterday, there were several shooting incidents on Sunday, which resulted in two deaths

executed gangland-style in the bus park in downtown Montego Bay.

On Saturday, an unidentified man was shot dead in Granville; another man was shot dead in the Cambridge community, which has been under siege by members of the Ryan 'Ratty' Peterkin gang; while the body of an unidentified Caucasian woman was found on Long Hill.

On Saturday night, approximately 10:30 p.m., men armed with rifles went on a rampage in St John's, in the Orange community, killing two men and seriously injuring two others.

We have 296 murders already this year and one more shot don't have to fire for it to get to 300, because we have some 10 or 11 persons battling for life in hospital that could die at any time."

RE: horrid murder in Brighton (near Blue Hole) - wendy - 11-28-2017

Family and land don't mix. They only know to kill, when have u ever seen a Jamaican fist fight, they want to be Americanized...learn how to fight with a punch. (Ya ya, we have gun deaths here). 

RE: horrid murder in Brighton (near Blue Hole) - wendy - 11-28-2017

Oh, and they got a thing for poisoning one another also 

RE: horrid murder in Brighton (near Blue Hole) - oldtimer - 11-28-2017

lead poisoning !!!!!

RE: horrid murder in Brighton (near Blue Hole) - Westenders - 11-29-2017

Wendy I couldn't agree more. If you must get into it, then have a fist fight....don't drive up to someone and just take their life over God knows what.

Sharleen thanks for the correction and clarification, I just recalled blue hole and assumed it was the same area.