The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
The Jungle Gets Panned - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The Jungle Gets Panned (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

Pages: 1 2

RE: The Jungle Gets Panned - shipmaster - 10-28-2017

(10-28-2017, 11:37 AM)Aquavit Wrote:  "Other than to go to the beach or have a nice dinner why would anyone go to Negril anyway?"

Because its home, warts and all.

For forty five years my home has been 13 miles from the roundabout. It's a different world.
Negril is a nice place to visit but I woudln.t want to live there.

RE: The Jungle Gets Panned - Aquavit - 10-29-2017

You don't have to. My home is deep West End and that's why I return to Negril again and again. Its much different than the Negril I first visited but the people I call friends are not.

RE: The Jungle Gets Panned - wendy - 10-31-2017

Too funny, Jungle has always been that way from what I remember, everything's the same, only difference i see lately on the beach is that the old hustlers are out and new "fresh" young gigs are everywhere. When I get approached I say mi neva seen ya before, you must be a new bwoy on the beach ?

RE: The Jungle Gets Panned - jitterbug - 11-02-2017

great article but a little behind the times . . .

the difference i see is the more open market for the hard drugs. 
seems everyone is offering the hard stuff, and frankly, the herb is no match what we have at home no matter what the locals say.

the harrassment is off the chain . . . 
but, the demand for sex and drugs is there because the tourists demand it, otherwise we would not be talking now.

i love, love the beach, the food, and the relaxation.

RE: The Jungle Gets Panned - Firemon - 11-02-2017

Yay, Wendy chimed in.  Must be funny to see the faces on the new hustlers when they figure out you know more about Negril's runnings than they do. 

My fondest memory of The Jungle was when I went to see T.O.K. years ago.  Such talented and distinctive vocalists with so many hits to perform.

Back in those days I frequently stayed at Jah B's and you could hear the music (ie-Beenie Man) in your cabin on nights you didn't attend until 4 am and it was LOUD.

RE: The Jungle Gets Panned - wendy - 11-02-2017

Last time I was at the Jungle was when it collapsed. Make a note to mi self, must go again ?. When looking back to now, I don't see the haggling with me, is it the vibes I give off now ? I dunno. I remember when I could tell who the ladies of the evening were, they dressed the part, now....not so much. I may be strange but I enjoy EVERY part of negril now and then.... haggling on beach ? Naaaa, don't bother me at all. Advanceso at bar ? Then and now don't bother me. Hence the folks that it DOES bother, they in AI's, cool...keep em there ?. Is it because I'm  a woman that I've never noticed the coke, meth thing ? Could be. As men, do u get the hassle of being offered ? Westend error, u brought up the craft market. Back then I loved the haggling and games they played. Now, when I need something I do the easy fix, Times Square HA. I need to start all over again, get my butt out to do some touristy things, been waaaay too long.

RE: The Jungle Gets Panned - Westenders - 11-12-2017

I think it's about the same for most of the hustle, than its been for years. I can honestly say I have no experience of being offered coke or find it a problem for me.
But I agree with opinions about supply and demand.....no demand by tourists, no supply....which has been my long held point of view that tourists are part of the problem in Negril, for many of its issues...

OT I bow to your long experience and your knowledge of how things changed.

My understanding from anecdotal information over the years is that many of the hotel owners and businesses in Negril, started off on the back of the drug trade.