The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Travel insurance..here we go again.. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Travel insurance..here we go again.. (/showthread.php?tid=101907)

Pages: 1 2

Travel insurance..here we go again.. - Oldtimer2 - 09-25-2017

In today's paper ,a Canadian who was visiting Spain on a trip to honour his killed son , took a seizure and was taken to hospital. He was told that he could not fly except with medical assistance to the tune of 60 to 80K ,his hospital bills , his daughter that came to help him , all the extra hotel bills etc. He had travel insurance with a top company but failed to disclose that he took indisgestion medicene 18 months ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was DENIED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know I'm beating a dead horse but you have to be very , very ,very careful when buying this stuff . My daughter is part owner of a law firm that deals with NOTHING BUT !!!!!! travel insurance and work and travel visas all over the world for the oil business and she says to give them examples and to tape their answers . She does this herself on a day to day bases saying that testing NEVER GETS OLD !!!!!
Kylake tried this so maybe he can tell you how he made out .Be Careful and don't believe clerks !!!!

RE: Travel insurance..here we go again.. - JonTom - 09-25-2017

Agree with OT's advice to be very careful with Travel Ins.

On the flip-side, just learned that some friends snared by the Air Trafffic Control mess in JA recently were saved by theirs.
They were supposed to leave on that Saturday, but learned flight was cancelled at the last minute.

"We ended up getting a first class flight on Tuesday through JFK (after originally booking on via Atlanta until Irma headed that direction).  So 3 extra nights at hotel on trip insurance's dime and a 1st ride home!  Paula Abdul sat right in front of us. There were 90 others "stranded" at our hotel."

I don't know how they got 1st class covered (mine in the past specifically says "economy class"). I guess the Paula Abdul thing was a bonus?

RE: Travel insurance..here we go again.. - CardBoardBox - 09-25-2017

OT, thanks for sharing, and reminding us, butttttt.....

get your daughter on the phone/board. (not really.) I don't have to understand what defines a TOP FIRM, but from the story it sounds like the standard signup is not enough. Who could possibly know they have got to verbalize every medication ever taken to the clerk at the Insurance company.

My situation; I'm flying down on one airline and don't give a darn if there is a delay, etc.
I booked my return flight on JetBlue and paid the $22 for coverage by Allianz Global Assistance , and of course had to modify the 'trip dates' to be accurate. (A flaw with one way travel.) My concern is the medical during the 5 days, and travel problems North.

You OT are making me feel I really should email for an answer about the 5 days to wit am I covered. If I add the Southbound fare, the $22 jumps a lot, but I do not want coverage until I land so I do not see any reason to inform them.

However, sounds like your daughter would advise me otherwise. Should I tell them I am using a row boat to reach Jamaica, and don't require protection against pirates or hurricanes?

PS addon - I just emailed them for a confirmation of coverge beginning when i step on the rock through the flight home. I labeled it 'one way travel' while expecting medical coverage for the 5 days and not risk a DENIED after-the-fact like the poor guy in Canada.

RE: Travel insurance..here we go again.. - Oldtimer2 - 09-26-2017

The company the guy used is the same company you are using . Maybe ask them why they denied the guy and see what they say .

RE: Travel insurance..here we go again.. - CardBoardBox - 09-27-2017

I just sent them a REPLY. I hope it is understandable, without my original email. Now I have to reread their policy (which is hard because my PDF reader "string search" often reported "no item found"

------
NO, NO, NO.

Mistake #1; I did not request an emailed version of my policy, I require and requested one via US Mail.
Please send one via Snail Mail, NOT the internet.

Error #2; You say I have round trip travel insurance. I did not book it this way. I paid for 5 days medical followed by one way air transport, so indicated in my original email.

Answer #3 requested. Will any claim be denied because I am not insuring round trip aircraft travel?

I ask #3 because your company denied medical coverage to a Canadian citizen who had not informed you of a medication he had taken 18 months before his trip, so I have been informed and that said denial made the Canadian newspapers.

Question #4; can you provide details about the above paragraph?

Please respond to the above after also reading my original email. Reading your own response is optional. Below quote from you is supplied to highlight my 'error #2' paragraph above.

> Our records show that you have a round trip travel dates departure
> 09/10/2017 and return date 14/10/2017.

-----
I'd joke that what month is 14, but I suspect the author was not in the US. Am I doing this right OldTimer? I don't want southbound flight coverage (on a different airline yet.) I did not lie and tell them I was getting there by rubber raft.

RE: Travel insurance..here we go again.. - Oldtimer2 - 09-28-2017

Until you are satisfied and completely understand then you are doing the correct thing . 1000's don't and 1. they are denied or 2. nothing went wrong and they were lucky THERE ARE NEVER !!!!!! TOO MANY CHECKS !!!!! If they can't answer you now just think what it would be like later .

RE: Travel insurance..here we go again.. - kylake - 09-28-2017

Well OT and CBB we also did an Allianz Global Assistance which appears to be written by Jefferson Insurance Company. I didn't follow OT's instructions this time (should have). It will be interesting to see how they answer your questions CBB.
My policy specifically states: Your plan includes Existing Medical Condition Coverage
I currently don't have any pre-existing medical condition that I know of but paid a little extra for that just in case something occurred and they tried to tie it back to pre-exisiting. The plan we bought was Classic Plan with Trip+

I did the whole signup online and they never even asked questions about any medications. Just age, destination/location, length of say, age of each person covered, etc. It only covers 50K for medical but up to 1 million USD per person for Emergency Medical Transportation.

RE: Travel insurance..here we go again.. - Sharleen - 09-29-2017

I just purchased Allianz Global Assistance too (for two people) @ $170.  I did read the long (something like 22 pages I think) policy -- it does cover medical evacuation up o $50,000.  My airfare was a little more than double what it usually is (leaving just before Christmas).  I hear all kinds of things lately about gangs of young guys driving around like crazy, even driving on the sidewalks.

RE: Travel insurance..here we go again.. - CardBoardBox - 10-01-2017

Update on my inquiry.
Their email reply was "... it may be more beneficial for you to give us a call ...."

Although I thought my email was sufficiant, I called and was appeased. (sp?) My travel dates are correct and so the medical coverage is included. And any pre-existing conditions are covered. I don't have any, but while I mentioned my 'fear of being denied' ala the Canada story I cited (briefly), the gal in Virginia said I was covered.

I could not find the Canadian story Oldtimer cited so I don't know details NOR what policy he purchased. (next paragraph)

My $212 fare, one way up via Jet Blue, had a $22 insurance cost, and I infer (not imply) that JetBlue sold policies include the medical pre-existing, as well as the 50K evac coverage, etc.

Two asides: the 212 gives me 370 overall coverage, although IMO I am underinsuring my airline tickets so $212 is the max for that item. Aside #2: While on the insurance site, a $212 flight would have cost me $49. (I think, but I was plugging in various numbers.)

Tangents: medical costs are 'secondary' to my primary insurer. I wonder if the Canadian story only applies to Canada citizens or their airlines.

I'm doing all this from a health standpoint even though my JC Penny charge card (humor) does not have a 25K credit line. (guess I'll die down there.) I can swallow any flight problems, although I have gotten upset when the airlines keep a hundred bucks for rescheduling. Boy have they got (what's the Spanish word for balls?) kajoelees (?).

I think I read (conjecture, not factual) that all the fees they have charged (and can charge, but shorter than your list of banking fees) has generate billions, perhaps more income than renting the seats. (No proof of those last seven words.) Oh oh. I've switched from insurance to bitching. Sorry.

RE: Travel insurance..here we go again.. - kylake - 10-04-2017

Thanks for the update CBB and what you found out was my understanding also when I followed up but really appreciate you confirming. Hopefully no one will need to use the insurance but having it does make me feel better if something were to happen. I like you have it for the medical and like you I could eat the airline stuff if that happens.