The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Mini-Routes Jamaica - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Mini-Routes Jamaica (/showthread.php?tid=101842)

Mini-Routes Jamaica - kylake - 07-07-2017

Not something I will be doing but it reminds me of the golf cart tours they would sell to cruise ship passengers on Isla Mujeres (which I also never did)
http://www.islandroutes.com/miniroutes

RE: Mini-Routes Jamaica - Oldtimer2 - 07-07-2017

can you imagine the local drivers passing them going 100 miles an hour on their crouch rockets . wrecks for sure . That would be a great idea if everybody would slow down .

RE: Mini-Routes Jamaica - ohliz - 07-14-2017

A guided tour where you drive your own car and follow? Now I've seen it all! 

"NEVER DRIVEN IN JAMAICA BEFORE? No problem! Before hitting the road, our experienced guides will hold an orientation to show you how to drive a MINI-Cooper and safely make your way across the island like a pro. Remember, this is a guided tour. Our experienced guides will always be there to guide you and keep you on track; all you need to do is follow the leader."

But actually this might get some people comfy with driving...though the cost for two people to go from MoBay to Negril and back is about twice as much as I've ever paid to rent a car for a week. 

http://www.islandroutes.com/caribbean-tours/jamaica/1/montego-bay/2935/mini-routes-negril/

RE: Mini-Routes Jamaica - JonTom - 07-15-2017

I thought of this thread when seeing Ohliz's flashback trip report and the "Paradise Island" like rental - but decided this deal is a lot different.
I hadn't noticed the Negril option before - wouldn't do it personally but I can see the appeal for MoBay base people that want to check it out.

One thing on the Negril option - perhaps I'm too critical - the pictures show a couple lounging in the shade on the beach with her purse/bag on the table. Next picture shows them strolling the beach. Where is her purse? Who is watching it? gone already???

the info says:
"Drinking and driving is illegal in Jamaica. If a driver drinks while on this tour he/she will be immediately disqualified".
Which on the face of it seems wise policy. But who drives then? What if the passenger is already "disqualified"?

RE: Mini-Routes Jamaica - kylake - 07-16-2017

Yes Jon Tom, not for me for sure. I have Rocky's or Clive's or Linston do the driving and then I just sit back, enjoy the view, conversation and drink up :-)
But as you mentioned for those that don't drink or have a DD and want to get out of the compound or off a cruise ship Mobay to Ocho could be an interesting drive on a good road if they want to pay the bucks but want the security of a "guide"