The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Yardie's action begins summer - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Yardie's action begins summer (/showthread.php?tid=101801)

Yardie's action begins summer - JonTom - 05-18-2017

I've always liked Idris Elba's acting. It should be interesting to see how he is as a director (though it says he will act in this as well).

Has anyone ever read the book? (I've not).

Would love to see the filming in Jamaica - but I don't frequent Kingston - where I think most of the JA filming will be.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/entertainment/yardie-8217-s-action_99186?profile=1606

RE: Yardie's action begins summer - Aquavit - 05-19-2017

Watching the filming of a movie ain't what its cracked up to be...a lot of hurry up and wait. I've come upon many movie sets in my time - in New York, San Francisco and a couple of times right here in good ol' Bodega CA....tried to see some "filming" of the King of Comedy in New York - snore....and when they take over our little hamlet it can be a real pain in the ass with lots of obnoxious PA's running around. I do have to give it up to the cast and crew of Phenomenon though - they were awesome, very accommodating to us locals.

In short, don't waste a trip to Kingston to see a non-event.

RE: Yardie's action begins summer - JonTom - 05-20-2017

Thanks for the tip, Aquavit. What you say makes sense, I hadn't really thought about what goes on.

I'd still like to see a filming someday, but perhaps only if I happen to be in the area of one for a short time.

RE: Yardie's action begins summer - CardBoardBox - 05-20-2017

JonTom, videos on youtube labeled "making of ..." or behind-the-scenes can be as entertaining as the final productions themselves. Bonus tracks on a DVD, sometimes getting to youtube or other video web sites of filming them filming and assorted associated tasks beforehand may satisfy you. Waiting 4 hours does not seem exciting except for bragging rights akin to saying you were at a concert. Ironically, I'm wearing a t-shirt from a Simon and Garfunkle concert in Central Park NY.

Trivia - I'm very glad to have mentioned the (30 yo?) t-shirt because it is a bit tight and I had decided to not put it in the washing machine, or as my mother would say, time to sling it.

RE: Yardie's action begins summer - kylake - 05-21-2017

JonTom, if you would really like to see first hand sign up for this service.
http://www.onlocationcasting.us/
You don't have to pay unless you opt in for the upscale service (I have not). I signed up a few years ago but never gave it a go but just retired and thought I would give a try when I received another email from them for extras.
Got selected as a VIP extra (non speaking just probably in the shoot unless cut) for a TV show and worked one episode last Thursday. Started at 1pm and it ended at 3:30am.
As someone else said their can be a lot of waiting but snacks available and they fed us dinner at 7pm. Pay was little above minimum wage and time and a half after 8 for your services. It was a non union shoot and a union shoot pays better from what I understand.
At times very boring but at times very interesting and worth doing (at least once) and totally gave me an appreciation of what the actors have to go though. Sometimes they shoot a scene that looks perfect and then do it over maybe 20 times for differing camera angles, facial expressions, etc.

RE: Yardie's action begins summer - JonTom - 05-22-2017

Kylake, TY for the link. I'm probably not cut out for that much waiting around though, lol.

CCB,
"Simon and Garfunkle concert in Central Park NY" - 35+ years ago (assuming you mean the original concert), according to wikipedia. Also, it was carried by HBO - I didn't realize they existed back then.

warning - rabbit hole/trivial thought ahead...

Your use of "ironically" has me thinking long and hard (as that word usually does). I think the wearing of a concert T-shirt doesn't actually rise to the level of irony. Perhaps it is incongruent to wear a concert T-shirt while advising one not to buy a concert T-shirt solely to brag about attending a concert (which, I'm not sure you actually meant), but is it actually ironic? I'm not sure... trying to think of irony... Maybe if you had a concert T-shirt from a band named "Say No To Concerts"? Even then, I'm not so sure. Irony is tough.

RE: Yardie's action begins summer - Aquavit - 05-22-2017

"Ironically, I'm wearing a t-shirt from a Simon and Garfunkle concert in Central Park NY."
I was there. Can't remember t-shirts being sold...I'm talking about the 1980 show at Sheep Meadow.

Being an extra in a movie or tv show could be fun I guess. My friend's dog was in a movie recently - 2 twelve hour days of shooting. Pretty boring and NO pay, just an "experience" (an independent film).

Most times you can't work on a Union set if you are not SAG or AFTRA. Better pay yes - equally as boring.

RE: Yardie's action begins summer - CardBoardBox - 05-22-2017

Ironically seemed the better word, as in "how strange" yet the actual word I should have used is "coincidently."

A group of us attended the concert in the sheep meadow, arriving via subway early in the after noon. Center stage but maybe 200 feet away. As a landmark, one friend had the earth day (?) version of the American Flag, which we kept extended with a roach clip on the end of car radio antenna (good for passing ...) and the early edition of the Sunday Daily News had the flag photograph with stage in the background on its front page. B&W, so you couldn't tell the strips were green instead of red.

The purple t-shirt with color graphics was indeed sold there. It has the official logo on the sleave (a dove I believe), as opposed to bootlegs /knockoffs sold on the street which did not aid the concert promoters of this free venue.

Can not recall if the hawker of the official t-shirts walked through the crowd (as I PM'd Aquavit) or if there were tables in one place on the outskirts of the field.