The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
School being built - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: School being built (/showthread.php?tid=101735)

School being built - CardBoardBox - 03-11-2017

If anyone has noticed, a new school is being constructed on OneLoveDrive, between MiYard and Tryon's bar. One of the hotels is paying for at least part of it.

Closer to OLDrive is the existing school. A crowded, board building for several grades of the youngest students.

The ground is solid rock (my words) but because of building codes, they spent a week with a jackhammer machine. Envision a steam shovel without the shovel, or a front-loader with an extended arm scoop on the rear.

Going down 3 feet to the frost line was simply overkill IMO. When I left at the end of January they had placed rebar (aka "steel") in the trenches for interior and exterior walls which will be block or poured concrete and the floor will be higher than the meadow it is located on, as is the old school.

A dump truck took at least one load of removed stone at 8 PM one night, even though the cavity between the walls and under the floor would require more than the pile of removed rock.

With my doubting Thomas attitude, maybe they'll buy it back.

I hope they keep the old building for something. Now, a month later, it might be completed.

RE: School being built - kylake - 03-11-2017

CBB, if we get up the way this trip I will try to look for it and take a picture.

RE: School being built - wendy - 03-11-2017

I left a few weeks ago, looks like it's going to be a nice big school. Believe Sandals is building it. Block was about waist high when I last saw it .