The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
just got backi - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: just got backi (/showthread.php?tid=101730)

just got backi - Sharleen - 03-09-2017

This trip I went with my adult daughter, I had wanted to go to Treasure Beach the whole time but she nixed it and wanted to go to Negril since she is so familiar with the place.  She has been going there since she was an infant (1984) when the only place I could find that had a crib was the Treehouse.  And during her grade school years we were there from June 22 through the day before she started school in September.
    I hadn't been to Jamaica for a time, mostly due to costly home improvements, like new roof, new bathroom, new kitchen, car upgrade and those sort of cost a lot $$$$ kind of things. I wanted to stay at Tingalya in the far west end but my daughter thought it "looked too quiet" and then she found the newsclip about the three bodies that were found out that way in the trunk of a car and informed me "no way".
   I usually stay in extremely "basic" places but this time we splurged and stayed at Catcha Falling Stars on the cliffs for our first week.  It was lovely, a nice apartment with kitchen, living room & air conditioned bedroom.  We jumped off the cliffs about 15 times a day and swam around their cove and ate at Ivan's Restaurant most of the nights.  I was pretty amazed that Bananna Shout's seaside part was vacant the entire time we were there.  Our Virgo #1 place was right next to their property. 
   I live in upstate NY and we can never tell when we will get a snowstorm so was hesitant to hire a private taxi driver and booked a JUTA Negril ride from to airport to Negril.  Second day before we were to leave there was no storm forecasted so I cancelled my Negril Juta ride and had Linston from Zion Hill pick us up at the airport.  It was really easy to find him, he had a his name on a placard and I had emailed him a photo of me and my bright green carry-on luggage. He was very nice - a great ride.
   This trip I was hassled less than I have ever been, I wasn't out on the street too much.  I used to always drive in Jamaica but have given that up for about ten years or so, I really have missed driving but it is just too stressful for me now. 
    The second week of our trip we stayed at the Tree House, again, my daughter's ruling.  She spent pretty much all of her summers there when she was in grade school and during the entire month of February.  I liked it there, very touristy but very extremely I felt very safe and secure.  And I loved their free breakfasts.
   In the past I usually stay at Citronella, I love it there but I do get really bitten up there, stay at Ocean Edge on the ocean side where the bands stay and long term residents, pretty much NO security, kind of scary, even their security guards admit "they are scared to death", stayed at Golden Sunset the week after the day after Christmas when every place else is totally booked up, definitely felt safe there though Christmas week LOTS of loud music all week long.  Blue Cave Castle during the summers, I will never go to Jamaica during the summer again, I used to love going in August for all of the Independence Celebrations.  Since I work at a University it is easiest for me to take long amounts of time off from work during the Christmas Holiday and during August.  I really can't take the August humidity in Jamaica anymore.  Even when I lived there we would move to the Blue Mountains in the summer just to get out of Negril.
   So usually while staying at the Treehouse I would a lot of the times walk up to Cosmo's for lunch and just to hang out there.  So the day we were supposed to do that my daughter showed me a thread where two people were robbed by knife point right before Cosmo's.  So cancel that walk...  We would take daily walks up the beach from the Tree House, one day I got really tired from the walk and briefly sat down at I think it was Couples. The security guard there honed in on me within two minutes and told me "I had to MOVE".  He was really nice about it when I told him I needed a minute rest.
   Usually I go into the areas like Cascade (Hanover), Grange Hill (Westmoreland) but didn't this trip, just too cautious I think.  So I didn't come back from my vacation hating Negril, which I was kind of expecting to do. 
   It was also a total delight for me to stay in places with great water pressure and hot water always!  In recent years, particularly with my kids in college, I have been staying in really some below par places. 

RE: just got backi - JonTom - 03-10-2017

Thank You for the trip report Sharleen. Sounds like you had a great and interesting time. Definitely seem to move around more than I do. I just don't like the packing/unpacking, even if I try to pack light.

I didn't get the snowstorm/JUTA connection, but it seems Linston worked out well for you in any case.

RE: just got backi - daniel - 03-10-2017

Happy for your return home . Glad to hear you , and your daughter , had a good trip !

RE: just got backi - kylake - 03-10-2017

Thanks Sharleen for the trip report. I guess about today you wish you were back in Negril. Watching weather here it looks like NY will be getting some snow.

RE: just got backi - Firemon - 03-19-2017

I can relate to this Sharleen.  A hot shower is one the simple pleasures of getting back home. 

"It was also a total delight for me to stay in places with great water pressure and hot water always!  In recent years, particularly with my kids in college, I have been staying in really some below par places."