The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Travel insurance help needed - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Travel insurance help needed (/showthread.php?tid=101697)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Travel insurance help needed - ohliz - 02-20-2017

I always buy Travelex "Travel Lite" for about $100. I did have to use it for my D once, not in Jamaica, and they paid everything primary so I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket. Great communication, nurse assigned to our case who checked in during the medical issue, one simple form to fill out when we got home. 

They proved to me that they stand behind their product. 

RE: Travel insurance help needed - kylake - 02-20-2017

Thank you Liz that will give me another one to call tomorrow. Currently TravelSafe is the one I have been considering the most.

RE: Travel insurance help needed - shipmaster - 02-20-2017

http://www.insuremytrip.com compares several policies for international travel.

I have a yearly policy that covers all my trips. 450.00 / yr

RE: Travel insurance help needed - kylake - 02-20-2017

Thanks shipmaster, I actually used that when to narrow down the many choices. I will make some calls tomorrow as OT suggested to make the final choice.

RE: Travel insurance help needed - Firemon - 02-22-2017

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tips/travel-agents-tips-for-when-something-goes-wrong-on-vacation/ar-AAncM3t?li=AA5hNe&ocid=spartandhp

RE: Travel insurance help needed - kylake - 02-27-2017

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. I checked several plans and ended up getting one from Travel Safe (classic plan). Not as cheap as the ones you can get as you book a flight but much better coverage than Southwest policy provides.
I did call the few I narrowed it down to (suggested by OT) and Travel Safe claims dept seemed to have the best answers to my questions on medical coverage, land transfers and medical evacuations which were my largest concerns. Hope I never have to use it but for the first time we should be covered if something bad does happen.
If any of you have any questions I will be happy to answer....if I have the answer to the specific question.
[attachment=2569]

RE: Travel insurance help needed - JonTom - 03-01-2017

Will be curious to see what is covered if something happens Kylake (and let's hope it doesn't).

Have used CSA some , but don't always. I think we first started getting it when we booked through places that didn't provide any. Usually we talk through the scenarios and try to balance the cost of trip vs risk (unknowable, in reality).

I think we've claimed twice, once for a very lengthy delay (and flight/overnight in unplanned city) and once a complete cancel due to a funeral. I recall "squabbling" a bit over the delay one, but it wasn't that bad (jaded I guess, knowing that insurance claim would probably be a fight) and we got a bit of $ back.

RE: Travel insurance help needed - kylake - 03-01-2017

JonTom, as you stated since it is an insurance company and since all insurance companies would rather collect than pay out you never know until you file a claim. This one even said that if it was an expensive medical problem such as heart attack they would pay up front. Of course after a program admin signed off on it and they do have admins in Jamaica. At least that is what I was told when I asked.
I was talking to the claims dept and going through several scenarios, this policy writer had the best feel good answers that made me more comfortable choosing them. Hopefully I will never have to find out how good they are or not.

RE: Travel insurance help needed - ohliz - 03-05-2017

Curious what Travelex said if you asked? They had no problem approving my D's doctor visit and surgical consult, even though she turned out not to be seriously ill after all. 

RE: Travel insurance help needed - kylake - 03-05-2017

Liz, I did not contact Travelex. When I went to the website they were $100 more than the other plans I was looking at. Maybe I was on the wrong plan or website or maybe our age, but that was a deal breaker.