The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Travel insurance help needed - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Travel insurance help needed (/showthread.php?tid=101697)

Pages: 1 2 3

Travel insurance help needed - kylake - 02-14-2017

Guess I am getting old and think about things that never bothered me in the past. Considering the quality or lack there of for medical in Jamacia I am considering purchasing travel insurance (mostly for medical and evacuation) and hope I don't even need to use it.
Sharleen provided me good information but checking for any other suggestions. I know Roots had mentioned something on Dr. O's FB page but that thread now appears to be gone.
So if anyone has any suggestions please reply to this thread and thanks in advance.

RE: Travel insurance help needed - Westenders - 02-14-2017

Don't you get travel insurance already k?

I know things are different for North Americans but I thought you still had to get TI

We definitely do from the UK

RE: Travel insurance help needed - Oldtimer2 - 02-15-2017

Steel monkey ...be very , very ,very , very !!!!!! careful when you buy travel insurance . I have a daughter who is a lawyer and her practice is for travel insurance , travel visa's , travel permits etc.all over the world . She says to make up a situation and see what they could do to handle it . She does that on a daily bases . 90% of all travel insurance seems to cover EVERYTHING EXCEPT !!!! what may happen to you . Check it out , recheck it out and then rerecheck it out one more time . Everybody has the best agent ever UNTIL !!!!! something goes sideways !!!!!! I'm not saying this SHE IS !!!!!!!! and just remember that she fished with me so she knows what get off your arse and rerererecheck things means .Have fun in TB Larry !!

RE: Travel insurance help needed - kylake - 02-15-2017

Westenders, it is not required to have travel insurance and has never been needed for any of our international travel.

OT, as you daughter if she has any suggestions for US traveler and please email me if she has a suggestion. She may only deal with Canadian travel and not know??

CBB, thanks for the email and I will check to see what SW might offer. Good suggestion.

RE: Travel insurance help needed - AquarianFlight - 02-15-2017

My friend was yanked around by CSA for NINE months...but they did eventually pay her claim in full.

I wouldn't recommend them - nasty people, "one form short" delays and they claim not to cover pre-existing conditions.

RE: Travel insurance help needed - Westenders - 02-15-2017

I probably didn't phrase that properly.

In the UK it is also not required for international travel, but is recommended.

Some people have had to sell their houses to pay medical bills abroad when they needed medical help and didn't buy insurance.

What I meant was that I thought that US and Canadian travellers like us, bought travel insurance as a standard as medical care isn't free in Jamaica for tourists, or probably anywhere but the UK, but that is soon to change.
Or can you use other insurances to pay medical bills. We can't .

Aquarians flight....pre existing medical conditions is one of the biggest get out clauses. My insurance dose'nt charge any extra for most pre existing health issues as long as you declare them at the point of obtaining the insurance.

RE: Travel insurance help needed - Oldtimer2 - 02-15-2017

Kylake..I just called her and she said " It is world wide and loop holes are what insurance co's make their $'s on ". Her advice is to give them a test .

RE: Travel insurance help needed - kylake - 02-16-2017

Quote:OT said, Her advice is to give them a test
Test like buy something and if needed see if they will cover the claim? I would like to avoid that mistake :-)

RE: Travel insurance help needed - Oldtimer2 - 02-16-2017

No don't buy . When you talk to the agent ask her what steps to take when you take a heart attack or break your back or get shot or are held hostage . While in Jamaica if they say " the closest hospital " well you know what that is . You need to hear HOW !!!! you get back home . Like I said she tests these agents on a daily bases . She does this for oil exec's ,law firms etc. to places all over the world . She resides in Calgary and this is all they do .

RE: Travel insurance help needed - kylake - 02-16-2017

Gotcha OT