The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Sav Hospital Overwhemed - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Sav Hospital Overwhemed (/showthread.php?tid=101694)

Sav Hospital Overwhemed - JonTom - 02-12-2017

"Accidents Crippling Savanna-La-Mar Hospital - Motorcyclists Driving Up Emergency Cases"

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news/20170212/accidents-crippling-savanna-la-mar-hospital-motorcyclists-driving-emergency

The majority of the article seems to plead for motorcycle rider laws enforcement (b/c so many accidents on them take up the hospital's resources).

However, the Hospital's Chairman Of The Board had an interesting way to stress his point. To wit:
"Unfortunately, when you fall off a motorcycle and hit your head, parts for the brain are not something we stock at the hospital, and it is a very serious injury."

No, I suppose they don't stock them, do they.

RE: Sav Hospital Overwhemed - CardBoardBox - 02-12-2017

Good story. Thanks for informing us of its existance. Now if only riders would become more aware of the implications of an accident. I'd guess they do not read the newspapers, but to ignore the deaths they must be aware of is just youthful "that won't happen to me" philosophy.

I was at the free hospital outpatient clinic in Sav two weeks ago and IMO its facilities were strained.

"Brain buckets" can help, sometimes but the proper message has to get to the bike (motorcycle) riders about both deaths and injuries.

Yet the same thing holds true in the US. There is never an analysis of accidents for what caused them or the results shared with the public. This includes seat belt usage vs being thrown through the wind screen, or doing something stupid or anticipating what some other stupid driver has chosen to do.

RE: Sav Hospital Overwhemed - Oldtimer2 - 02-13-2017

I'm going to get kicked in the "nads " for this but isn't this culture . This is a negative outlook on their wanting to drive fast and do extremely dangerous things on their bikes. Just remember " it could happen anywhere "...ya right !!! Just wait until they build the big new hospital in Negril.

RE: Sav Hospital Overwhemed - jitterbug - 02-13-2017

(02-13-2017, 06:36 AM)oldtimer Wrote:  I'm going to get kicked in the "nads " for this but isn't this culture . This is a negative outlook on their wanting to drive fast and do extremely dangerous things on their bikes. Just remember " it could happen anywhere "...ya right !!! Just wait until they build the big new hospital in Negril.

ot, do you  figure this new hospital to be in our lifetime? lol

i pray that none of us need medical services over there . . .

RE: Sav Hospital Overwhemed - Oldtimer2 - 02-13-2017

me to . If by some miracle a hospital appeared in/around Negril who would work there ?

RE: Sav Hospital Overwhemed - Westenders - 02-14-2017

I would say that they are overwhelmed full stop

We just spent time there visiting, and I was shocked

There were more security than medical stafff
The building was shaky and dilapidated in places
And although I'm sure the doctors do a great job, the quality of information about the patients health was seriously lacking.

We found out more from the cleaning lady other patients

Made me really fret about needing medical care over there